Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’m using kindlecreate to format my YA novel. I’m using fiverr to create a cover. The fiverr guy will shortly be needing a page count in order to estimate spine width for the paperback version. When I go to create the paperback tamarin  ask me to upload the cover first before giving me the page count, a bit of a catch 22. Or am I missing something? How can I get the spine width estimate before having to finalize the cover? Many thanks!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Typically, you know the page count once you convert to a PDF (that's sized to your trim size). I don't know how to do it with Kindle Create (a useless pile of crap, in my opinion), it should end up giving you the number of pages.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reedsy book editor is pretty good at importing word docs (one whole manuscript with individual chapter headings) allowing you to enter front and back matter and edit the chapters if necessary within the browser.

You can than convert to and download a print ready pdf or epub file.

https://reedsy.com/write-a-book

Not to hard to use either, prob take about half an hour to get a handle on it just by fiddling around with it yourself.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
unkownwriter said:
Typically, you know the page count once you convert to a PDF (that's sized to your trim size). I don't know how to do it with Kindle Create (a useless pile of crap, in my opinion), it should end up giving you the number of pages.
I used Kindle Create to upload my paperback version last time because I was having problems with the template for Word. I thought it was very useful, but I can't remember how I got the page numbers! I certainly didn't upload the cover first, that I do know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for your replies and useful suggestions! Will let you know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts