Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
jdcore said:
Isn't that what Create Space is?
I know, right? Unless they are trying to get the people that only do ebooks right now to try print as an option.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
So, I'm guessing it's just a new interface for Createspace, so you can do both things in one place.  I'm suspecting it has exactly the same terms and will give exactly the same royalty: just the added convenience of being able to look in only one place for all of your sales on Amazon.  And (presumably) the slight added convenience of making it really easy for your e-books and paperbacks to link automatically.

Anyone else dug into it farther and discovered any differences, however?  Anyone see any reason to do it, other than those possible tiny conveniences if you don't plan to sell your paperback anywhere but Amazon?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Any chance of a screenshot? We're not doubting you (I seem to recall someone else posting a thread about "KDP Print" recently), but would be cool to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If there's no real advantage over Createspace, I'm kind of wondering if they're doing this as a subtle way to:

1) Poke people who only do e-books to start doing paperbacks, as well.
2) Get author who might otherwise sign up for Createspace to do KDP Print instead, which presumably only distributes to Amazon, as a subtle market grab.

I wonder?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Shiny!  I don't sell a lot of paperbacks, but I do love data and new ways to access it. 

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I don't have it yet, but I would think maybe it's a first step in integrating the two platforms?  Be nice to save a log-on to CS to see sales there.  Author Central already integrates them and the two platforms use the same log-on info so not too hard to link them, I'd think.  Be interesting to see where it goes.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
You know what I want? I want the KDP chart to show me, when I hover over a day's sales (or free downloads), exactly which books sold and how many of that title sold that day. That way I wouldn't have to go hunting through the pull-down folder to figure it out which books had sold that day. (*Cough* No, I don't check my stats all day, what are you talking about?)

That'd be awesome if Book Report could implement it.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
UnicornEmily said:
You know what I want? I want the KDP chart to show me, when I hover over a day's sales (or free downloads), exactly which books sold and how many of that title sold that day. That way I wouldn't have to go hunting through the pull-down folder to figure it out which books had sold that day. (*Cough* No, I don't check my stats all day, what are you talking about?)

Click on generate report on the bottom. When the spreadsheet comes up, click on the "orders" report. You'll see what books are selling that day. If you just go to the royalty report, the books sold won't show until the sale is complete.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It doesn't show on my dashboard yet - sounds like they're rolling it out slowly.

I'm all for not having a separate login to get to CreateSpace sales reports, however, the KDP reports are already....how shall I say... user unfriendly? Cluttering the same interface with another batch of info seems less than ideal. I wish they would have first taken the time to create a reporting structure that doesn't require a dozen drop down clicks or excel downloads just to see basic sales data.

Guess I'll keep hoping and dreaming (and using Book Report).  ::)

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
UnicornEmily said:

Book Report shows all this at a glance anyway. I was going to suggest you get Book Report, and then I saw your last sentence. Now I'm puzzled.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
UnicornEmily said:
If there's no real advantage over Createspace, I'm kind of wondering if they're doing this as a subtle way to:

1) Poke people who only do e-books to start doing paperbacks, as well.
2) Get author who might otherwise sign up for Createspace to do KDP Print instead, which presumably only distributes to Amazon, as a subtle market grab.

I wonder?
Wait, what's KDP Print?????????

And ah, now I get it. You mean it would be nice if Book Report incorporated the paperback numbers. Gotcha.

But what's KDP Print???? Link, please!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts