Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having KDP reporting issues?

I went from having great sales on Friday to nothing yesterday and today. This struck me as odd because I haven't had a day like this.

I asked a friend who had my book on KU if they could read a couple of pages too see if it would register.

They did, yet nothing showed up.

I'm just wondering if I'm alone it this weirdness 🤦🏻‍♀🤷🏻‍♀

Edited to eliminate all-caps from thread title. Drop me a PM if you have any questions. - Becca

·
Registered
573 Posts
It is acting up a little lately. Reporting seems to be very delayed, and reviews are now coming in in big batches, all the books updating at once, rather than in dribs and drabs.

So I don't think you're alone, I think it's just all a little slow and messed up atm. It'll sort itself out, though. It always does.

Nothing we can do in the meantime but keep writing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Everything has been weird and glitchy for me since the beginning of the second week of October. I also noticed a bunch of broken Look Insides around that time that still aren't fixed so who knows what's going on.

If I were you I'd download the book then flip through every page (or ask your friend to) and see how they're reported.

If the numbers don't match up or make sense you might have a problem with your Start Reading Location. If the book is long and people haven't made it to the incorrect SRL, then that might be why you're not seeing any page reads.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I find Amazon's entire reporting system from sales to book rankings has been more than a little glitchy.  There seems to be regular updates and then suddenly nothing for 24-48 hours and rankings are readjusted backwards (meaning when you go to your graph you find your ranking suddenly moved up two days ago).

What concerns me is this glitchiness in AMS.  Example...AMS was supposed to attribute page reads to ads. Well, less than 1/3 of my page reads are being picked up...I can only assume the other 2/3 come from facebook ads....but I can never know for sure...

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had a couple of weird issues, like my downloaded reports not agreeing with my dashboard, and reporting being insanely slow.  I've also seen a couple of books registered as selling under 35% royalty when I only sell at 70%.  I'm going to check again tomorrow, if the royalty issue isn't fixed I'll call and ask about it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Friday was bad. Yesterday was worse. Today was good. It's very screwy.
I have a book that's doing extremely well on the UK bestseller charts, though showing few to no sales.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
redxxii said:
I've had a couple of weird issues, like my downloaded reports not agreeing with my dashboard, and reporting being insanely slow. I've also seen a couple of books registered as selling under 35% royalty when I only sell at 70%. I'm going to check again tomorrow, if the royalty issue isn't fixed I'll call and ask about it.
35% happens if a non-US resident buys from the US kindle store. E.g. that's where I have my account, and I'm in australia.

Happens regardless of whether you have the royalty at 70% or not. It's explained somewhere in their help system (international delivery charges is the official reason, I think.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts