Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or the KDP Prior Month's Royalties report is still not up? ???

Confused....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Strange how much Amazon is dropping the ball lately.

Ever since KU it's been a non-stop barrage of problems and delays, sending wrong 1099's, not even fixing them yet, though it's past the midway point of February, not having the reports ready on or before the 15th (first time I've seen it this late in the 3+ years I've been doing this).

It's almost as if they're spread too thin, or everyone competent that was working there before all decided to quit at the same time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Maybe they are doing the same thing most other businesses do these days, and under staffing.  I wish a customer service phone operator would one day just tell the truth in their message and say "Both of the service representatives are busy helping other customers at this time.  Please wait, along with the other thousands we haven't helped yet."

·
Registered
593 Posts
They might still be fixing whatever it was that caused the 1099s to be wrong.

Or they could still be sending out corrected 1099s. I haven't got my correction yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I emailed them and got this reply:

Thanks for contacting us. I understand you want to know if January report will be uploaded today. I'll be more than glad to help you.

Regarding your question, I'm truly sorry the January report isn't in your KDP Reports section, I've checked our system and well this report should have been uploaded yesterday, however I've contacted directly our technical team asking regarding this matter and informed me that the best is to wait until the end of the day, however if by tomorrow morning you still don't see the January report please contact us back and we'll file a request so this can be solved as soon as possible.

I hope this helps. Thanks for using Amazon KDP.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I want to blame it on the holiday weekend but something in the back of my mind is telling me that once they discovered the issue with the 1099s they found some other problems. When there are issues with funds or reporting of funds....smh.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Amazon doesn't take President's Day off. Maybe the person who owned the update took an extended weekend.

·
Registered
136 Posts
There's more to this problem than late reports. The law says that 1099s do not have to be sent out if the amount is less than $600. They can be but don't have to be. The problem is that if they are sent out for an amount less than $600, the amount must be declared on the tax return, which means that taxes may have to be paid on the amount. If you have a return done by someone else, someone approved by IRS, the charge by that individual will probably be greater than any taxes that the preparer saved for the given tax preparer. Amazon sent out 1099s for amounts less than $600, costing the authors extra money in taxes or tax preparer fees.  :mad:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ah. They actually did post it before the 15th. I found this post on the KDP Support page:

Announcement: KDP Select Global Fund for February 2015
Posted By: kdpadmin
Created in: System: Global Announcement
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 9:50 AM
Hello,
KDP Select royalty information for January will be available on royalty reports in mid-February. KDP Select All-Stars for January will be announced at the same time.

The KDP Select global fund amount is $3 million for February 2015. In addition, we will announce KDP Select All-Stars for the month of February.

Visit your Bookshelf to enroll your books in KDP Select.

Best regards,
The Kindle Direct Publishing Team

1 - 20 of 28 Posts