Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about the great results authors are having with the free option and Kindle Select. I have a couple of questions regarding those.

First of all, how do you get your book listed as free on Amazon, other than the free days you get with the Kindle Select option? And, after you enroll in that option, how long do you have to wait to be able to offer a freebie?

Secondly, since Kindle requires exclusivity for the Select program, how do you go about making your book unavailable on other sites like BN and Draft2Digital without totally deleting it from their system?

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the reply carina. How do I go about contacting Amazon and asking them to price match?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
George Applegate said:
My understanding is that Amazon will not price match unless several customers request it. I believe this is the thread where you can ask others to make such requests.

www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,78571.msg1252172.html
They will if you contact them. If they say no, fire off another email a few hours later and ask again. Chances are you'll get another rep who'll take care of it.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
When you contact Amazon,  the proper keywords are price match with the link to the site where your book is free.

Do not use the word permafree.    That word can lead to emails that say raise your price elsewhere.

·
Registered
214 Posts
When I contacted Amazon, they rejected my request to price match it.  They also told me I needed to "tell them about a lower price" by using the button that is located on the page of my book instead of contacting them.  I was disappointed, but a few weeks later I decided to just fill out the "tell us about a lower price" section on my page.  It was free on two sites- smashwords and iTunes.  After about a week, they changed it to free.  I'm not sure if anyone else filled out the form.  I'm not well known so it could have been just me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts