Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo!  Kennedy Center Honors are on right now on CBS. (EST)

A friend of mine performed as part of a group in two segments--The Who and the Streisand segments.  (She's part of a gospel choir that was schedule to sing for Streisand's segment; they liked them so much they asked them to do a Who segment too, which is pretty funny."

Ah, Denzel is on now.  Sooo cute.

Betsy

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't mind show-biz folks getting together to congratulate themselves or give each other little trophys, but these honors awardees usually meet with the President and  lunch with the Secretary of State...which to me indicates government involvment with a class of people I generally dislike. I don't see anything honorable in Pete Townsend, Roger Daltry, Barbara Striesand or even Twyla Tharpe. 

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
S'okay, I feel the same way but from the other side.    ;)  How about George Jones and Morgan Freeman?

The worst thing was the only part of my friend that showed up was her hands, LOL!  Oh, well, they sounded good. (the group she was in, not her hands  ;D).

Betsy

·
Registered
509 Posts
I know you wanted a chance to see your friend perform, Betsy and I wish you could have had that opportunity.

I don't think much of Morgan Freeman either. I'm not familiar with the other guy.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I love watching the Kennedy Center Honors!

I may not like or like whoever is being honored.

The reason I watch is it gives a decent if brief history of each artist and I enjoy that.

Plus, the honorees don't have to make a speech  ;D

Marci

PS - Betsy, I'm sorry your friend did not make it onto the TV - that is pretty cool for both of you!

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the short film they do about each honoree is quite good.  and the performers last night, even excluding my friend's group, were quite good!  I may have to dig out my brother's old Tommy album and play it....unless he stole it back from me.

Betsy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts