Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone! I was wondering if any of you have had significant success with tailoring your key words? I've been watching Nick Stephenson's videos and took some time to tailor my key words last week. So far, I have seen zero impact in my sales. How long does it usually take for these changes to kick in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
It's one of those things you need at least a few sales to make work because only after you sell will you be on the pop lists which is what a keyword search more or less is. Have you looked and seen if your books are on hte first page of the keywords you picked? If so, great job, you've achieved an organic method to drive readers to your books. If not, then either the keywords are too competitive for your sales numbers, OR you just need to move some more copies. I have noticed the Amazon robot is not as quick to update those lists as say the bestseller lists, so I would chack a few times over a couple of days if you are selling some books.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense. I had good sales last summer, but they've dwindled over the winter. Do they need to be pretty recent? In some cases I have as many or more reviews than the books on the first page of my categories.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Kayla Dawn Thomas said:
That makes sense. I had good sales last summer, but they've dwindled over the winter. Do they need to be pretty recent? In some cases I have as many or more reviews than the books on the first page of my categories.
Yes, they need to be recent. Amazon is constantly asking, "What have you done for me lately?"

The idea is that, next batch of promotions you run, your books might be a bit stickier because of the optimized keywords.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes sense. Odds are things will pick up with my next release, and hopefully get that snowball rolling again. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Keyword changes take almost two weeks to trickle down. I've been making some changes recently and kept a very close look on my rankings and it was very evident when the new  keywords finally filtered into Amazon's search results. Keep in mind, however that just because your search ranking is better, it doesn't automatically mean that you will be selling more. I've increased my ranking in relevant categories dramatically and I've seen absolutely no change in my sales.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts