Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, had the kindle FireHD a few days now and loving it, but one thing is bugging me sometimes. When typing or filling in online forms the keyboard appears, great, but then stays their on the screen.

So my question is.. how can you turn it off or remove from your screen once it's used???

Sent from my KFHD viaTapatalk

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
I usually use a bluetooth keyboard.. . .but, as I recall, if you tap a return on the screen that closes the keyboard. . .or tap somewhere outside the keyboard.  Or, like now, I'm on the web browser.  When I finish typing this post and tap the 'post' key, the keyboard would go away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...the Bluetooth keyboard is on my list of items to get along with Bluetooth headphones...using tapatalk does show the keyboard and it does go once I submit the response, just noticed a few times using it, for like on Skype when messaging, you have to have the kindle in landscape because of the camera, but then the keyboard takes up most of the screen when using the messaging, have to select another screen to clear it....

Still doesn't deter me from using the kindle.....

Happy New tear to you all....

Sent from my KFHD viaTapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I haven't got a fire, but looking at screenshots there's a key in the bottom right-hand corner with an icon like a keyboard and a down arrow, does that hide the keyboard?

·
5,883 Posts
Morf, I don't know where that shot is from, but I can't reproduce it on my Fire HD. I've tried using the keyboard in about half a dozen different apps etc and in the bottom right corner I get an orange key that sometimes says 'return', sometimes 'search' and sometimes has a magnifying glass on it.

Clearly, it changes according to context, and I don't know where you have to be to get the option your pic shows. But as Ann says, the way to clear it, is to tap somewhere outside the keyboard area.

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Morf said:
I haven't got a fire, but looking at screenshots there's a key in the bottom right-hand corner with an icon like a keyboard and a down arrow, does that hide the keyboard?

Yep. . . but it's not always there. . .the keyboard may be slightly different depending on the app you're using.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ah, custom keyboards by app... what a silly idea!  ;D

I guessed it wasn't that easy otherwise you'd all have posted it by now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts