Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See Reply #22 for an update on my Christmas sales, as well several kids book in my category. Bottom line, some Kids books experienced sales increases over 1000%.

My sales have been down this month to about 20 a day (normally 28-33).
But last night, I sold 20 in one hour. I figured either it was Amazon's servers reporting late, or parents pre-loading kindles for their kids.

We I'm well over 100 sales for today. My Free book is #79 and my best seller is #1381 and dropping.

I'm thinking lots of kids got shiny new kindles today--this is way bigger than last year.

Has anyone else seen a huge sales jump?

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
My sales are not up by 400 ampersands.

But ... I have lots of cookies and chocolates and we're going to play video games then go out for a big supper.  ;D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A lot of the books in my category are up too. So, I do think it's kids downloading books.

We'll see where my return rate ends up--once parents realize their kids have purchased several hundred dollars of "low-priced' ebooks =-)

Oh, and I fixed the title, thanks.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I've seen a decent increase today though not like last year. However the big surprise is that the paperback sales of The Whiskey Bottle in the Wall went way up this week. Normally the only 2 books of mine that sell better in paperback than digital are my cookbook and my lace knitting book but this month The Whiskey Bottle outsold those 2 combined.

I also got 3 new 5-star reviews on 3 different books today from 3 different readers.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I'm up by a metric buttload, which is not quite as high as an imperial buttload. Still pretty happy though.

Feeling a lot of love to Kindleboards. You guys are awesome and I love you all. :')

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I got my first UK sale on B&N today. And a handful of gift card sales. Woot. Sales are up tonight, but my rankings are getting worse. Not sure if they haven't caught up or if other books are flying off the shelves. I guess I'll find out with the next ranking update.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
I usually don't check sales during the day (who needs the self-inflicted pain and anguish?); I do it later in the evening, so I'm looking forward to seeing some big numbers when i do look.  **fingers crossed**fingers crossed**fingers crossed**

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dalya said:
Now our ampersands jokes make no sense! (Not that that stops us.)
No worries. I'll make another typo soon enough ;-)

Deanna Chase said:
I got my first UK sale on B&N today. And a handful of gift card sales. Woot. Sales are up tonight, but my rankings are getting worse. Not sure if they haven't caught up or if other books are flying off the shelves. I guess I'll find out with the next ranking update.
I guess my B&N sales are up today too. I've sold 2, but since I've averaging .5 over there, that's technically a bump.

teashopgirl said:
I'm having my best sale day ever! I'm going to run around in circles and fall down in pure joy! :)
Glad to see others enjoying the Christmas love.

Hopefully, we'll see increased sales all week--especially since kids are out of school.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
So far my sales increase is a bit mediocre, but it's early days. Last year my big increase was in the days after Christmas.

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
Quiss said:
Nope.
Lack of sales today (3) are tanking my ranking. Combine that with my car crash yesterday and I'm not feelin' the christmas thing even a tiny bit. :'(
Oh my gosh! Hope you're okay, Quiss! :(

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Yes, thank you. Shouldn't have thrown that out like that.

I'm okay. Someone t-boned my car when I was going out for dinner. Wasn't my fault and no one got hurt. Quite the assembly of emergency vehicles blocking Christmas traffic in several directions, though.
It's been an emotional couple of days, for sure. I wonder if my insurance agent is working tomorrow. Never had an accident before.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts