Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my students saw my "pretty book" today [Oberon] and when I showed her what was inside she said "is that a laptop?" LOL too cute!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Very cute...the kids love when I read them stories from my Kindle.  I even take my Kindle out of my Oberon, and dress it up in a cute Strange Dog frog cover for them :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know if the Kindle had come out when I was a kid...whoo boy, I'd have been begging for one. I've always loved to read.

I wonder if they'll ever come out with a kids' version? You know how they have those sturdy  kid versions of different electronics? I think it might do pretty well..

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I would love to see them come out with a kid's version. I think even my grandson who loves computer games would read electronic books. Currently while I wait for my personal economy to improve enough for me to buy my very own Kindle, I read Kindle books on Thor, my iPod Touch. I've shown it to the kids in the family and they think it's "very cool."

·
Registered
131 Posts
My deaf seven-year-old is reading anything he can get his hands on!  He is also in the generation for whom computer literacy is a first language, so he has figured out all of the intricacies of the GeekBook™.  That makes me wonder, are there parental controls on this thing?  I don't think I have any 'adult content' on there, but there may be some colorful language in some of those books.  Hmmm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The difference is that ALL of my Kindle books are available in one place.  I can put my 'adult content' DTBs on a higher shelf or something.  Anyway, I think my son is more likely to experience boredom than titillation from my Kindle Library.  Hmm.  There's another curiosity I must satisfy; can I find books he might LIKE to read on the Kindle?  Maybe THAT's how I get GeekBook™ an electronic companion!.  Of course that would require a DecalGirl Spider-man skin and an Oberon Darth Vader cover!  8)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think a Kids Kindle would be a great idea. Something sturdier, that had limited access to the net or password protection. I would get one for my daughter in a heartbeat! I have downloaded many classics, that she enjoys. Everytime I pull it out she wants to read Alice in Wonderland, or the Wizard of Oz series.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I would love a kid's version...something a bit more sturdier and with parental controls of some sort. DD's bookshelf is starting to look like her mom's. It's cute watching her pick up Jinx very gingerly to move him ;)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
chynared21 said:
I would love a kid's version...something a bit more sturdier and with parental controls of some sort. DD's bookshelf is starting to look like her mom's. It's cute watching her pick up Jinx very gingerly to move him ;)
second this

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Heck, I might even be interested a sturdier Kindle as long as the parental control is optional.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think a kids kindle would be a great idea.  I would buy three of them.  They need to be sturdier than the K2 or it wouldn't last a day!!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Kiddie Kindle - more than a student kindle with access to text books?  How about both?

AMAZON are you listening?????????

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I know of a few kultzy adults who would benefit from a sturdier Kiddie Kindle...

:::stares at the hairy creature across the room:::

It's a great idea, someone should point it out to Amazon. And then demand 1% of the sales. Or free books. Whichever works.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
I'm envisioning a Fisher Price version. . . yellow and red, and really big print ;D

Ann

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
A kids'  version would be fantastic  -  I'd buy one immediately!  As it is, I've been wondering how I'm going to keep my new Kindle  (which will arrive next week, hurrah!) away from my daughter once she realizes what it is.

Does anyone know whether any of the competitors make such an item?  Sony or somebody?   

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think a kids version of the Kindle is an awesome idea! Anything with electronics kids are into! It could help encourage reading! 8)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts