Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
It's happening, quicker then we realize.
Sony donated a huge amount of readers to the school my sister teaches in.
Their getting the kids hooked!  You can bet those 2ND graders are asking for e-readers for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, as the article mentions, kids don't remember a time without computers and so many other electronics, so ereaders would feel totally "natural" to them!  :)  Now if the kids could just order the books themselves...  ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would think it would catch on even more quickly with kids than with adults.  As the article mentions, kids are "natives" when it comes to the internet.  Books could seem just as clunky to them as VHS tapes do to us.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It's wonderful. I spent my childhood with my nose buried in a book; I made a fort under my bed when I was about 4, and gleefully hid out in it, reading 'bricks' and replacing them ('til my mum yelled at me to put them all back on the shelves). I used to walk all the way to and from school engrossed in whatever I was reading; teachers and my mum would constantly tell me to look where I was going, else I'd be knocked down in traffic. And yes, I occasionally walked into lamp posts. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.