Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been just kind of lurking here and also on the Amazon discussions.  I got my Kindle the day after Thanksgiving.  AND HOW I LOVE IT.  But, if I had been looking at these boards and at the Amazon boards,I probably would not have bought a Kindle.  So many people with problems!!  I just wonder how many of you have the first Kindle you received?  How many of you had to go to customer service and get a replacement? 

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
had mine since October, never missed a beat.  (I realize that's not long).  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Kindle, in fact I bought one for my brother, because Amazon WILL make it right.  They stand behind their product; I don't think I can lose with the Kindle.

Betsy

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
My husband got his in May, I got mine in October, no problems with either.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
dickj said:
I have been just kind of lurking here and also on the Amazon discussions. I got my Kindle the day after Thanksgiving. AND HOW I LOVE IT. But, if I had been looking at these boards and at the Amazon boards,I probably would not have bought a Kindle. So many people with problems!! I just wonder how many of you have the first Kindle you received? How many of you had to go to customer service and get a replacement?
Welcome and congrats on your first post. I absolutely love my Kindle and it froze once. A soft reset took care of it. I don't think there are that many problems, I think it is more of getting a Kindle and not taking the time to read the How To book from cover to cover. I was guilty of that myself.

Dickj please go over to The Intro/Welcome Board and introduce yourself. There are nice folks her that will want to welcome you. Bookklubs starting in Jan, check it out in The Book Corner.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello dickj and welcome to KindleBoards. I have had no problems (other than the occasional operator error) and love my Kindle. I have no regrets on my purchase and would highly recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My husband and I got our Kindles in January of this year. I have had to get a replacement but he still has his original one. I dropped mine, and even though it was in the cover, I think it did something to the inner workings of the thing. But as Betsy said, Amazon Customer Service makes it right. Because it was still under warrenty, they sent me out a new one and I had it the NEXT day! And this was after the Oprah show, when they already had a waiting list. :)

I

·
0 Posts
I've had my Kindle for only a month and haven't had any real problems with it yet.  Mine gets a little tempermental if the charge gets to low but that's about it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Not a single problem. I would, and have, recommend a Kindle to anyone.  I've had Anabel a month and she's been a reliable little friend.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had mine since last April.  Had to reset it twice in the beginning.  Other than that, no problems and I love it.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Glad you got your kindle.  I've had mine since June, and being out of the country (Mexico) I was a bit concerned, but I have had no problems at all.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I've had mine 2 months and have had no problems, no freezing up here. It went on a cruise and was exposed to sea air and the beach with no troubles.

Lynn L

·
Registered
261 Posts
As far as durability, mine spent the night on the side of the road in early November (see http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,396.0.html ) and the only thing that still doesn't work is the 'e' key (no biggie for me) - I was astonished. Wanting to tell that story is how I ended up here, so what you may be seeing is that people who have problems typically go online to research them - and end up here for answers. I don't know if there is any way to figure out how many people have never had a problem, and hence have never ended up here.

At least you should be reassured that if there is a problem, it will be resolved quickly and in your favor...

·
Registered
447 Posts
dickj said:
I have been just kind of lurking here and also on the Amazon discussions. I got my Kindle the day after Thanksgiving. AND HOW I LOVE IT. But, if I had been looking at these boards and at the Amazon boards,I probably would not have bought a Kindle. So many people with problems!! I just wonder how many of you have the first Kindle you received? How many of you had to go to customer service and get a replacement?
I have my Kindle that I received a year ago and no problems. Also I gave one to my sister this last July and she hasn't had any problems.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I've had mine since August.  No problems at all.  Even if I did have a problem, I know those wonderful folks at Amazon would make it right. 

1 - 20 of 43 Posts