Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - even though my beloved Kindle has only been in my hot little hands for 3 weeks, I really want to give the Kindle 2 a try.  So I bit the bullet, and placed my order. If I like it, I would like my Kindle 1 to go to a good and loving home.  This may be a premature posting, but if anyone is interested in possibly purchasing my Kindle 1 after a day or so of Kindle 2 usage (so maybe ship around the weekend of the 28th?), I'll sell it to you a great price. Please email me.

This is a refurbished Kindle purchased from Amazon that arrived on Christmas Eve, but the original Kindle broke a few weeks later. I have the replacement for 3 weeks, no problems or issues.

Kindle comes with all original packaging, including the original case as well as a three-week old Sapphire Blue leather M-edge case, oh, and a small SD card from my old Blackberry.

Here are the Amazon books currently on the Kindle (many other free classics and others there as well):

Archie and Amelie: Love and Madness in the Gilded Age
Mrs. Astor Regrets
Eclipse (book 3 Twilight Series)
The House on Fortune Street
Outlander
Dragonfly in Amber
Gossip Girl 1 and 2
The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death
The Whiskey Rebels
An American Tragedy
Prague: A novel
Free Range Chickens
Lost in a Good Book
Lady Audley's Secret
Private

And whatever else I purchase between now and then.... ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are not going to be able to pass on books that you bought from Amazon as they will become unreadable on that Kindle after you de-register it from your Manage My Kindle account. Books that are public domain, such as from the Gutenberg Project, will still be readable.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I actually just deregistered a Kindle earlier today and then opened every single book and reset them to the first page before selling it this evening.  I don't think it's a problem as long as they aren't deleted from the Kindle home page.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
m2tts said:
You are not going to be able to pass on books that you bought from Amazon as they will become unreadable on that Kindle after you de-register it from your Manage My Kindle account. Books that are public domain, such as from the Gutenberg Project, will still be readable.
Actually that's not true. As long as the new owner does not delete them, they will be able to access them. They are not made unreadble when deregistered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I stand corrected.

My experience was the reverse I guess, as I moved books from my broken kindle to my desktop, then onto my replacement Kindle. The books from the old were unreadable on the new till I re-downloaded them from Amazon.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
m2tts said:
I stand corrected.

My experience was the reverse I guess, as I moved books from my broken kindle to my desktop, then onto my replacement Kindle. The books from the old were unreadable on the new till I re-downloaded them from Amazon.
That's because the books had the first Kindles PID, so they could not be read on a Kindle that didn't have that PID.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a picture of the items, the original Kindle Case is still in the box, never been used, so it is not pictured. I have never used the USB cable, and I think that I have charged the Kindle maybe a total of 3 times?

Price is lowered to $250 and I will ship once my new Kindle is here!
</a>[/IMG]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts