Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading my Kindle 1 outside of its Oberon cover because I thought the straps might be making the pages jump forward/screwy. But it did it again, I used next page on the small left hand side and it hesitated longer and put me on contents list instead. Occasionally it has jumped ahead in the book, too. It is very random, maybe once or twice in an entire book.  Am I doing something wrong/ or is this a known problem other people have had. I bought used from e-bay and warranty ends in July. Also, the next page on the right hand side doesn't engage easily unless I press it in the center of the bar, toward the bottom edge (more comfortable for my fingers) doesn't do anything.  Thanks all!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Mine has started doing this recently.  A couple of days ago I walked away for a few minutes and when I came back to read it had changed to a different book.  There was no one else around to change the pages. 
Yesterday it worked fine.  No page turns.  I have no explanation.
My right hand button also takes a little more effort to work. 
deb

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I thought it was me. I thought that I must be bumping it when I was carrying it in my purse. I decided to get the K2 and I love the fact that it is not easy to accidently turn pages.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I've been having this happen occasionally also. I thought I was accidentally bumping the page turn or that my Oberon cover with straps was somehow responsible. I'm still trying to figure out what happened,but now I am very careful to bookmark where I left off and put it to sleep

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I normally leave the top right corner strap off.  And I put it to sleep before I carry it around because it will tend to turn pages if I don't. 
deb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts