Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would say the thinness is definitely a plus.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I can't really say because I have used the Sony and Kindle 1 both all the time since Kindle 1 came out, so I'm used to alternating how they feel.  Is that a babbling answer?  It has taken me a while to get used to K2 joystick .  I keep pushing on it like I did the scroll wheel and waiting for the menu to appear.  You know what they say, "insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different response." Yet, I click the non-existant scroll wheel, stare at the screen, click it again, and then go "OHHhh yeah, ooops, change has occurred.."  ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like the thinner one better.  It feels heavy enough to be substantial in my hand, but not too heavy.  As for the physical size, it really is not that different.  I had made a bunch of cases for the k1 out of writing journals, and almost every one of them would still fit the k2.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I like the new one best.  It reminds me of going from an old brick cell phone to a more modern sleek design.  I think it is more comfortable to hold and like the new button design to prevent accidental page turns.  My cat head buts me in bed for attention when I am reading and I used to accidentally turn pages all the time when she did this......  last night - not even once!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I seem to be able to hold the new one in one have much easier than the K1.

The new one is thinner, has many more places where you can grip it without turning pages, and seems to be lighter as well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I like the new version a lot. I thought I would miss the unique design of the K1, but I prefer the more solid feel of the K2.  Just taking a bit of getting used to the new buttons.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I read a LOT, and I've had my KK for over a year now, which I keep inside an MEdge case.  I'd noticed in the last couple of months that the thumb on my left hand was almost constantly sore at the joint.  I finally decided that it's holding the thick kindle (inside it's case) plus using that thumb to turn pages causing the problem.  When I forced myself to use the right hand for a while the problem got much better.

A lot of the reason I ordered the K2 was because I liked the thinner design.  I'm hoping not holding all the bulk of the kindle plus a case will help ease the pressure on my thumb.  It's too early to be certain, but so far it seems like the new design will help a lot!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Fuzzy Dunlop said:
Im curious to see if the physical size and thinness has been a plus or minus or irrelevant in daily use
My K2 has no cover and I handle it quite carefully since it is so thin. I will have an Oberon cover on it soon and that will make me a little less apprehensive.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I was surprised to notice that my K2 actually feels sturdier than my K1.  It's hard to explain, but even though the K2 is thinner and sleeker, it just seems to be put together better.  Does that make sense??
I am having a little problem adjusting to the new button placement, but I don't think the physical size has made much of a difference for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts