Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard on Amazon Kindle discussion board--If you got a K1 for Xmas, and want to upgrade to a Kindle 2, contact Amazon customer service.  You may be offered a partial credit toward a Kindle 2 if you return your Kindle 1 to Amazon.  I have not validated this with Amazon as I got my Kindle moons ago.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I sent CS an e-mail asking if this is true and requesting more specific information about it. 

I will post when I hear back from them.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Vampyre said:
DRAT! I got mine for Thanksgiving. I wonder it that's close enough?

Not really, I like mine just fine.
LOL Vampyre, I was going to post the same thing!

theresam

·
Registered
490 Posts
makes no sense to me..sure they po'ed some people but now they will just po even more by singling out xmas buyers only as being eligible for some type of reimbursment..
personally I dont think anyone is entitled to a trade-in reimbursment..these are chances you take anytime you buy something.
I bought a Kindle back in April 08 when they were 399..when they lowered the price to 359 a month later  I wasnt calling Amazon asking for  40 bucks credit and I surely dont expect them to give me money towards a new one now that the Kindle 2 is out..

·
Super Moderator
67,481 Posts
I got mine for the Fourth of July.

Ann

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trekker said:
I wonder how much of a partial credit you get? Maybe better to sell it to someone here. I got mine off ebay so I'm probably out of the running anyhow. :(
The woman on the discussion thread got 80% of what she paid

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Jesslyn said:
The woman on the discussion thread got 80% of what she paid
That's pretty good. Wonder if there was also a restocking fee with or without the box?

theresam

·
Registered
731 Posts
I got a replacement on Feb. 4th. I got my original Kindle Aug. 11th as a Bday present. Amazon gave me a gift certificate for $278.20 because I'd returned my present. I'd imagine that's what anyone would get who returned it within the first year??? It was $359 minus a restocking fee.

NO, I didn't keep the $$$. I called them and pointed out that I had had my Kindle replaced and was not supposed to have received anything else. They obliged me by canceling the Gift Certificate. They were very nice about it. :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I guess this is good news to some people. But it seems like not everybody wants the K2 and want to stick with the classic.

G

·
thejackylking said:
???
???
???
Not sure what that is supposed to mean.
If they had waited she would me. Waiting for the k2. = If they had waited she would be waiting for the k2.

I read TYPO and didn't even notice this until it was pointed out.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
ScottBooks said:
NO, I didn't keep the $$$. I called them and pointed out that I had had my Kindle replaced and was not supposed to have received anything else. They obliged me by canceling the Gift Certificate. They were very nice about it. :)
And you were honest. Another thing I like about our Kindleboards folks....

L

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I don't know what that lady is talking about.  CS sent me a response saying that there is no "trade-up" policy of any sort.  The only way you can "trade-up" is by simply selling your present Kindle (on Amazon, e-bay, whatever) and then using that money to buy a K2.

Perhaps that lady was somehow in a return period or something, but there is no "return" policy in place for those who wish to exchange their present Kindle for a K2 per Amazon CS.

·
Registered
723 Posts
mwvickers said:
I don't know what that lady is talking about. CS sent me a response saying that there is no "trade-up" policy of any sort. The only way you can "trade-up" is by simply selling your present Kindle (on Amazon, e-bay, whatever) and then using that money to buy a K2.

Perhaps that lady was somehow in a return period or something, but there is no "return" policy in place for those who wish to exchange their present Kindle for a K2 per Amazon CS.
I suspect some people just say things to create threads and some drama.
Makes them feel important or something...

G

·
Go start a new rumor. 

Amazon is accepting Sony E-Readers as partial payment for a K2.  They will discount the new Kindles up to 50% of the value of the Sony device sent in.

Offers good until Amazon goes bankrupt of Sony goes out of business.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts