Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I'm thinking of getting a skin for my kindle 1 and I'm wondering if kindle 1 owners can post some pictures so that I have an idea how it looks like in real life. Thank you all in advance!  :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

Klassic kindle, with DecalGirl "Quest' skin.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I'm very curious. When looking at the skins on decalgirls site, I assumed that the part that "covered" the screen would be a cutout throwaway. Then I kept thinking that there is so little of the skin, that I've thought maybe it was not really worth the cost. But I see all of your skins here and the image does show up on the screen. So how does that work? Is it some transparency that "disappears" when you are reading?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Decalgirl skin (Garden at Giverny):

Custom skin (probably by mytego.com - I got it on eBay from someone who was shipped a K2 instead of a K1):

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all! I kinda like the garden at giverny, but I'm also wanting a black one (for the contrast with the screen).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I notice that some of you have the design of the skin going across the screen.  How do you do that?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
MonaSW said:
DecalGirl lets you download a matching screen saver to load onto your Kindle.
Wow - OK now I'm totally hooked & will have to find a skin! And I already know there are too many to choose just one!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts