Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
WOW -

This is a momentous pop moment for the Kindle!!

Product placement on TV.

The Kindle has truly arrived  :D

Marci

·
Registered
52 Posts
Very cool - I wonder if I would have noticed while I was watching.  Probably not, since I knit while I watch TV, especially that show, since I'm not really into it.  I'm just waiting for it to get good!  But when I watch it on my TiVo tonight, I'll be sure to pay attention!

I

·
0 Posts
Well there it is.  Way back when I asked the question, "I wonder what show will have a Kindle in it first?".  Now we know.  8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is so cool! And it looks like the Kindle was just an ordinary prop, a part of the household routine, not treated all gee-whizzy. Kindle truly has arrived.

However, its appearance on the show fails to address one of the most burning questions of Kindle-dom--M-edge or Oberon?? That Kindle is nekkid!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I love it...hope a lot of authors and publishers were watching...lol.  Thanks Benjamin.  Now we need to have Kelly Ripa be reading it while she's doing her Electrolux washing and drying; to prove that she has extra time on her hands.  That darn commercial is on 20 times a day!!

I

·
0 Posts
I did a search for that show and set my DVR to record it.  I think it will be on tonight at midnight.  I've never seen this show.  All I ever watched on that channel was Dead Zone and The 4400.  Both are gone now.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is a moral issue.  A nekked Kindle on cable TV?  Of course, if it had a cover would anyone know it was a Kindle?

I

·
0 Posts
It had to be nekkid.  They don't want nOObs ordering one and complain because it didn't look like the one on TV! 

·
Registered
860 Posts
Noobs = newbies - people new to stuff  :)

I think this is so cool that the Kindle was featured on a TV show.  I wonder if it's on YouTube so I can see the video.  Trust Me is not a show I watch or even ever heard of until this very moment so of course I missed this grand occaision.

I

·
0 Posts
I think it reairs Wed at 11PM.

I never heard of it either but if there is a Kindle Kostar, I'll watch it.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
How cool! My hubby doesn't consider that nekkid... just natural! He HATES the skin on my Kindle... thinks it looks better the way it came. Don't know if that is how he really feels, or if it is to keep me from buying more skins!! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
So funny! I was "watching" this show while reading my Kindle in bed, and I heard the characters discussing downloading a book and thought "I wonder if they mean on a Kindle?" But I was far too involved in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo to even look up!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Vampyre said:
It had to be nekkid. They don't want nOObs ordering one and complain because it didn't look like the one on TV!
One Problem...that was a Klassic Kindle and if a noob orders one, they will most likely get the K2! ::)

B

·
0 Posts
BambiB said:
One Problem...that was a Klassic Kindle and if a noob orders one, they will most likely get the K2! ::)
They will definitely be getting K2.

By the way, this show has only been on for 3 wks. We have watched them all. It is pretty good, but has not really reached its groove yet. So far, to me at least, it seems like it was set up for product placement. They work at an ad agency after all.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It doesn't matter...K is out there and getting "exposure" nekkid or otherwise!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Apparently, the KK has signed a contract with TNT. He made a return guest spot on one of Tuesday night's episodes.

The scene: Daughter is sitting on the couch reading "on her Kindle". Conversation ensues which upsets said Daughter. She gets up in a huff to climb the stairs to her room with "the Kindle" still in her hand.

Gotta love this show. It makes so much sense for her to continue to use the Kindle. After all it was explained the first time around that "downloading books" was one of the things she was "in to".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts