Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the NY Times every Sunday and on the K1 the most recent paper was listed first, w/un-read/un-finished editions listed behind.  I just started downloading the NYT to K2 last week-when I got yesterday's edition, the previous one disappeared.  It's not on my home page list and I didn't delete it.  Is it gone permanently?  Thanks for any help!
Ruby

·
Registered
57 Posts
At the bottom of your list of books/newspapers, on your home screen, there should be a "Periodicals: Back Issues" book. Click that, and it keeps all of your old newspapers/magazines.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KingRBlue said:
At the bottom of your list of books/newspapers, on your home screen, there should be a "Periodicals: Back Issues" book. Click that, and it keeps all of your old newspapers/magazines.
KingRBlue, thank you so much! I didn't see that when I looked the first time. I really appreciate your help!!
Ruby

·
Registered
57 Posts
No Problem :)

I ran into the same problem when I started getting The Washington Post and the NY Times on my K2. I wasn't done with some articles from the previous days' paper, and found them there!  ;D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KingRBlue said:
No Problem :)

I ran into the same problem when I started getting The Washington Post and the NY Times on my K2. I wasn't done with some articles from the previous days' paper, and found them there! ;D
It's great that we can all learn from each other, again, many thanks!

zeferjen said:
Ruby - can you subscribe to just the weekend paper or do you just buy it yourself every Sunday?
Zeferjen, I just buy the paper every Sunday. You can get a monthly subscription for $13.99 or daily issues for .75. I tried the monthly sub, but couldn't keep up with it so cancelled.
Ruby

·
Registered
298 Posts
Amazon is so smart to offer the free 14-day trials.  I'm on Day 10 of my NY Times trial, and I don't think I'm going to be able to give it up. My original plan was to cancel the monthly sub and download just the Sunday editions, but I'm enjoying it every day.  It *is* hard to keep up with, but it is easy to skim article titles and read what I most want to read -- and it will be so convenient to be able to search the issues later. 

I'm dropping the Time subscription, though.  Formatting kinks haven't been worked out, and it's disconcerting to read photo captions when they've left out the photos.  I'm going to try Newsweek next.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts