Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else not have the kindle recognized by the computer.. my K1 worked fine but the K2 says that it needs drivers and can't find them.. help

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I had no problem with my Vista PC.  Unfortunately I'm not sure what drivers you might need, maybe check and make sure you have the most current updates on your PC.

I'm sure somebody else will come along with a better answer. 

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
The good old "Reboot and try again" would be a suggestion from me.

Others may have more suggestions, but I'd get customer service on the phone about it. Please let us know how it gets resolved!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm having the same problem with Windows XP.  Itried my laptop and my Desktop, it doesn't recognize it.  It says no drivers are loaded...
jp

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I had to reset the kindle to get mine to work on Vista. I tried restarting the computer first but that didn't work. It worked great after resetting the K.

Melissa

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ok this is weird, it's working now.  I'm not sure what I did.  I had the kindle attached and it was in sleep mode.  I turned it on and it connected!  I copied several books over.  I have disconnected it and reconnected it several times and it works.  Go figure, at least it works...
jp

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally called tech support.. all it took was a soft reboot of my kindle (reset) and it worked great after that.. glad to see I was not the only one though and I learned how to transfer my bazallion samples in about two seconds flat that was  a real time saver!

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Sometimes a flash drive I have always plugged into my PC, suddenly shows as not available when I want to back something up to it. . .I see it as a sign that the system needs a re-boot and that has always fixed it. . . .I'd guess it's something similar with getting the computer to see the Kindle. . .

Ann

·
Registered
32 Posts
Grrrr. I just tried to connect my K2 to my Vista PC and the PC recognizes it just fine, but Windows Explorer hangs and I can't actually access the K2.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sort of on topic...I can report that the K2 works just fine with the current golden code for Windows 7.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Anyone know if Kindle works with Macs?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Yes to transfer files,do the screensaver and fonts hacks etc.

Thanks pidgeon :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hooray, I finally got it to work. By switching USB ports. There was no rhyme nor reason to why that worked (both USB ports I used are fully functional) but... at least it works.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts