Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's registered to the person who purchased it (it's not a gift, it's just something I'll be using to test some things)- can I change that, because it I can't it's sort of useless to me.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
They can unregister it from their account and register it an account of your own.  There are other posts on here somewhere about that.  It will be on their Amazon Manage Your Kindle account. 

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, but it may take a call to Amazon CS unless you have access to the acount the kindle is currently registered on.  I had the same thing when I got my K1.  They are great to work with and can be reached at 1-866-321-8851.  Happy kindling!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses - can I deregister it myself (then reregister)? Or are there passwords involved that I, of course, wouldn't know.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
You have to have a password to get to the account information. 

·
Registered
493 Posts
If it's for the work project you mentioned previously, why couldn't you or your magazine have bought it and written it off as a business expense? ...just curious.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You should not need a password to deregister only to register.  It is located on the Kindle on the settings page.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I just did it: hit Deregister, then it allowed me to reregister as me. As a tst I bought King's UR - downloaded fine. Lesson? Make sure no one steals your Kindle.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
BrockToon said:
Actually, I just did it: hit Deregister, then it allowed me to reregister as me. As a tst I bought King's UR - downloaded fine. Lesson? Make sure no one steals your Kindle.
Yes, with the K2, you can deregister right from the device

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
BrockToon said:
If someone does. . .immediately de-register it via Amazon so they can't buy things on YOUR account! :)

Ann

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Encender - yes, a business expense, but the original purchase had to be through someone's account; but it's all good now. For those of you who've contacted me regarding the beta testing for our content I'll be contacting you in 10 days or so after we've had a chance to get our heads around it and do some tests.

But it's here and it's pretty cool, though frankly I was surprised by the small screen (I had never seen one before).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts