Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited, my new Kindle 2 is arriving on Thursday. I just ordered it yesterday. I'm so excited. My Hokusai Wave Oberon cover is ordered and 2 new DecalGirl skins are on the way.
This is just as exciting as getting my KK. I can't wait. My KK is on its way to a new home, cover and all.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is going to a good home. My son-in-law is a MRI technician and one of his friends at the hospital where he works has wanted one. She will love her. :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I saw them when buying my cover. I was hoping that the sand dollar was available. I think that would look cute with the Hokusai Wave cover. They are so nice. I emailed them right before ordering it to see if they would leave off the wool felt piece. I have sensitive skin and when I'm flying by the time I get to where I'm going my hand is red and itches. They said no problem, so ordered it right away. Bought the Surfer Dream and Cascade DecalGirl skins already as well.

I just so excited about getting the K2. I love the KK, but I think the K2 will fit my needs a little better. How is that for justification? LOL

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
These next few days will go by soooo slowly.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kathy said:
Mine is going to a good home. My son-in-law is a MRI technician and one of his friends at the hospital where he works has wanted one. She will love her. :)
That's exciting. Congratulations, Kathy! I am sure you'll love your new Kindle.

L

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Betsy the Quilter said:
Woohooo Kathy!!! Congratulations!!!

Tell us all about it!!! Did you kiss the UPS man?

Betsy
It was on my doorstep when I got home, but if I could have found him I would have. I still can't understand why I can order a $15 item from Amazon and it requires a signature, but they will leave a $359 Kindle there. Good thing I can trust my neighbors.

I carefully unwrapped it, I wanted to keep the box and was just in shock at how sleek it looks. I loved that they had the start up instructions on the screen when you unpack it. I love the archive folder on the home page. I went through all of my books and downloaded the ones I want. I have a new Nora Roberts book that I plan on reading first. I took tomorrow off to just play with it. My husband is traveling and won't be home until Sunday. Two whole days to do nothing but play with it. I am pushing buttons, opening up books and it is still charging. I'm sure that downloading so many books will probably make charging longer, but that is OK.

I feel so bad because my cover and skins will take another week to arrive. Poor thing is so neekid and really looks pale. I hope everything arrives by next week. I'm leaving on an 8 day business trip that starts next Friday and I hate that idea of no cover to protect it. I'll think of something because there is no way I'm going on that long of a trip without it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts