Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think that some of us didn't want to believe that Amazon might cripple the Kindle with a non-removable battery and by removing the SD card slot.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ELDogStar said:
Well I never...
One is white and one appears to be rather cream color.

I agree not alike at all!
Looks the same to me. ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
I never looked at the pictures because I never cared. (Still Don't). Besides, hasn't everyone had the Kindle 2 since late August/ early September?  I could swear I read somewhere that's when it was being released :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
Trekker said:
I've seen some people say that the Boy Genius pictures and the latest unofficial leaked pictures of the K2 are completely different devices.

So, I thought I'd post both. I think it's obvious that Boy Genius had it right from the beginning.
The first one, besides looking like cheap, white generic plastic (which it probably was as a sample), looks skinnier and longer as a result of the angle from which it was shot and the sample positioned.

The buttons and keys are in the same positions, yes. But the look of that first one was awful.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Looking at the other photos that were posted on MobileRead, I am beginning to warm up to k2. It looks thinner, more durable, and more sleek.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
I guess I don't get the need to attempt validation of some blog site. Nobody has to save any face here. I stand by everything I said in the past. I don't go with rumors and that's all they were, period.

Now it looks like we have some actual professional pics so much closer to the facts. Still we don't know everything until we hear from the horses mouth Monday hopefully.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Atunah said:
I guess I don't get the need to attempt validation of some blog site. Nobody has to save any face here. I stand by everything I said in the past. I don't go with rumors and that's all they were, period.
What baloney. So they just happened to put together a mock up that is IDENTICAL to what the Kindle 2 will look like? Face it, they weren't rumors, and the Boy Genius Report, as usual, got info before everyone else and reported it. I was chastised by many members here for urging people to believe the reports. I follow technology blogs compulsively and if you did too, you'd know the BGR gets accurate information before others. Instead of admitting that, you all tried to discredit people and blogs who knew better than you. Please.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
What is with this childish anger. I don't get it. I never have and never will believe everything I read on the internet. That's it .

I don't like this condescending tone.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I think people were hoping that it wasn't really the K2, we didn't want it to look that cheap :(  We were hoping for a nicer looking Kindle 2...oh well.

At least I have the Classic Kindle  :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Atunah said:
What is with this childish anger. I don't get it.
Because you're being willfully and stubbornly ignorant.

I never have and never will believe everything I read on the internet. That's it .
I'm loving what an open mind you have. Look, there's drivel out on the internet everywhere, but shutting yourself off to what great resources it has to offer and the advantages those resources bring is being unnecessarily close-minded. I said, along with other people who follow the consumer electronics industry, that the Boy Genius Report is pretty well-respected when it comes to releasing information before others. People like you did not believe it, and that's alright. But to continue to keep such a standoffish attitude towards something that turned out to be right is a little strange to me. That's all.

Condescension is alright. At least it wasn't patronizing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
No one here was 'putting down' anyone Badandy. I know the mods wouldn't allow that kind of attack to happen.

I'm sorry but I only see a few jokes in this thread (btw I vote for Antique White or Victorian White  ;) ) maybe someone needs a funny bone implant??

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yup, I'm eating crow. I was one of those that thought that couldn't possibly be the new version of the Kindle. I still don't like it, and do not think it is an improved version. But I was wrong about the BoyGenius report. I won't be buying it as the current Kindle is the perfect size for my small hands. If I ever need another one, I will buy another K1 if one is available. 

1 - 20 of 42 Posts