Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find anything on this.  Does anyone know if the K1 charger and tip will work with the K2?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
luvmy4brats said:
No, the charger uses the USB port. You can charge through either the computer or use the included adapter for wall charging. There's not a separate charger this time (nor a separate charging port)
Oh, I didn't realize that the USB port had a dual use. I thought they meant you could charge through your computer if you wanted to. This is another feature in my "pros" column!

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Do you need a push too? (LOL!)
Nope. I am very comfortable with my decision. Tavar does everything I need. I don't read too many books that have illustrations so the increased grey scale does nothing for me. I wouldn't use the text to speech. I like my big buttons and scroll wheel. I am fine with how it looks and feels. I don't need something that is thinner.

There is nothing about the K2 that makes me want to own it. If I didn't have a K1, I would be happy to buy the K2. But I have a K1 and it does what I need it to do and then some.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
cheshirenc said:
does it use the mini usb?
Yes. It does.

ProfCrash said:
Nope. I am very comfortable with my decision. Tavar does everything I need. I don't read too many books that have illustrations so the increased grey scale does nothing for me. I wouldn't use the text to speech. I like my big buttons and scroll wheel. I am fine with how it looks and feels. I don't need something that is thinner.

There is nothing about the K2 that makes me want to own it. If I didn't have a K1, I would be happy to buy the K2. But I have a K1 and it does what I need it to do and then some.
I hope you know I was only joking :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
DD said:
Oh, I didn't realize that the USB port had a dual use. I thought they meant you could charge through your computer if you wanted to. This is another feature in my "pros" column!
Yes, you can charge through the computer with the USB or use the plug which the USB plugs into. It is the same setup as the iPhone if you've seen that cable/plug combo.

This is different from K1. The K1 has a separate charger with a unique charging port on the Kindle. The USB cable did not effectively or easily trickle charge the Kindle.

L

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a question...

I have Kindle 1 but sometimes it doesn't seem like the charger quite completely charges my kindle-is that just me?  or has that been experienced by others?

I've been debating about getting a replacement charger but not sure

Any advice would be appreciated.  :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts