Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought from this seller on ebay? I have seen these for awhile and they look well made.

This one in particular caught my eye so I just bought it. She has 4 more available plus a bird & flower pattern.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kindle-2-Cover-Case-Water-Stained-Old-Book-Look_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem29fec8d87eQQitemZ180368234622QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Quality of workmanship on that doesn't look too good in spots; too many wrinkles in the interior fabric, bulging at the edges where fabric bulk should have been removed (see the curve to the spine?), back corners don't look right. But I'm extremely nitpicky about that sort of thing. The bird one looks like it might be a bit more carefully made.

I'm also not sure I'd like a snap closure. Some of those require a bit of pressure to snap shut, and the last thing on earth I want to do is apply pressure to a plastic case.

Price is great though, and it's fun to see new ideas for these! That waterstained fabric is pretty cool.

Edited to add: She certainly has plenty of good feedback, and it looks like she's made them previously in a lot of great fabrics.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Just read reviews on the seller before buying, there are all kinds of inferior products on ebay. People just trying to make a buck

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have bought two K2 covers from her. They are well made and nice covers. I do not have a camera to take pictures of the ones I bought. She has some other nice covers besides the one above. One of the covers I bought has a white background with different colored butterfly's and the other has a black background with pink flowers and green leaves. ;D There are pictures of the ones I bought on her blog. Number 12 down from the top it is called Goldlined w/flowers on black. And the next one number 13 Butterflies in creme.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My cover arrived today. I like it a lot. Its very well made and nice looking. Its a lot sturdier than it looks in the pictures and the spine is flexible. The snaps aren't a worry because the cover is very sturdy and when closing snaping it close it won't put any pressure on the kindle. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Lisanr said:
My cover arrived today. I like it a lot. Its very well made and nice looking. Its a lot sturdier than it looks in the pictures and the spine is flexible. The snaps aren't a worry because the cover is very sturdy and when closing snaping it close it won't put any pressure on the kindle. I'm impressed.
Oooh, good to know! How is it on folding back flat?

Now I know you know already what my next question is..... LOL! But I'll say it anyway. When you get a chance, would you let us know what the weight is on it? :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It folds back flat. The spine is flexible so you can have a little bit of a ledge on the left side or hold it more even if you understand what I am trying to say.

Its a bit heavier than I would think it would be from the pictures but probably because she made it pretty sturdy with probably stiff paperboard inserts. 7.1 ounces on my scale. I have read with it for  an hour or so and it feels comfortable and to me I don't feel to much of a difference from the amazon kindle cover even though its heavier. I think when covers get to be 8 ounces is when they start bothering be to hold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts