Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Some of them look nice, but I like to see the inside. How is the Kindle held.

I really don't like that there "I presume" no proper cover included with the Kindle. So yes, that makes it 30 bucks more right off the bat for anyone that needs a cover to hold on to the thing.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also think a cover is worthless if it can not be folded back. It is hard to tell from these pics but the pricey Cole Hann do not look like they would.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm hopeful that it will come with a standard cover and these are ones that are for sale by Cole Haan as an extra. 

Trying to be hopeful. ???

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well...there yah go, look like its going to be.
Thanks Octochick!

I'd be much happier with my StrangeDog and Oberon covers/skins, I have already.
I guess some of you-->> might be happy with my covers!
I suppose, I will be listing then here soon....
Glad to have this board:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
The top one looks like it's made by Amazon and on sale for $30... meaning K2 isn't really the same price if it doesn't come with a cover. Although it could just be a replacement cover. :)

Hey, maybe this means all the original Kindle covers will go on sale and I can get a good deal on an Oberon!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Wow, $120 for a cover? And people thought the Oberons were expensive at $75.

L

·
Registered
552 Posts
gertiekindle said:
The Cole Haan website shows no search results for Kindle covers.
I would assume there is an agreement in place between Amazon and all suppliers of Kindle accessories that nothing is actually touted/advertised until the official announcement of a Kindle 2.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
KCFoggin said:
I would assume there is an agreement in place between Amazon and all suppliers of Kindle accessories that nothing is actually touted/advertised until the official announcement of a Kindle 2.
I'm not sure if that's the case since pictures of the "cover" were already posted.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
I have never even heard of Cole Haan, I assume its some big designer? I still want to see the inside of the things. One of the covers is a bit open on the bottom right and I am not seeing a corner there so I wonder how its secured. The back on the pictures doesn't show a place for a tab like the current Kindle has.

I am sure Oberon, Strangedog and others can come up with some nice covers too.

Now if Amazon partners with some designers, that couldn't mean they wouldn't allow others to make the covers? Licensing I mean?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I love Cole Haan... I have one bag, and a few pairs of shoes.... Good quality items, reasonable prices for designer goods.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am hoping, down the line, Oberon and others will add designs for the new Kindles. It seems like it is worth it to wait a bit. I imagine there will be skins as well.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Cole-Haan started with shoes (way back when) and eventually expanded into purses and other accessories. They are located here in Maine.

L

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I may be the only person in the world (maybe even in the universe) to like the original Kindle cover. I keep the elastic band over the right bottom edge of the K to keep it from slipping out. It is lighter than the other covers (important to me), and I find it very easy to use either straight or folded back. I am disappointed that K2 seems not to have such a cover.

Steve

·
Registered
860 Posts
stevene9 said:
I may be the only person in the world (maybe even in the universe) to like the original Kindle cover. I keep the elastic band over the right bottom edge of the K to keep it from slipping out. It is lighter than the other covers (important to me), and I find it very easy to use either straight or folded back. I am disappointed that K2 seems not to have such a cover.

Steve
You are not the only one! I love the original cover too and would be perfectly happy with it except the darn K back cover keeps coming off and then the K dumps out of the cover. Twice it's hit me in the face, once it hit my 6 yr old and many times there were almost serious landings on tile floors, wood tables, countertops, pavement... If the back cover would stay on it would be a perfect cover. Except that it needs some color but that's not a necessity IMO - that's complete frivolity!

·
Registered
52 Posts
You are not alone....(sounds like something out of a sci-fi flik).  I too like the original cover with a little bit of velcro.  I wanted some color so I got a skin and since you can change them easily and they are relatively inexpensive, it is a good solution.  I also bought an MEdge because I got an Amazon reward certificate from my credit card which made it only $11- probably never would have shelled out the $45 for one.  If the new K2 doesn't come with any kind of cover, that's kind of a dirty trick.  I intend to stay with Kirby, my K1 for a good long time, however, I do wish we could have gotten folders on the new software- oh well.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Those are some pricey covers. Interesting that Patagonia has a K2  cover.  I went to their website and they do not have a K1 cover. Which is a shame because I have a sneaking suspicion that they would make a great cover for backpackers and campers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts