Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - Let me first say that I am happy to have found this since anyone I know owns a first gen Kindle and I have the Kindle 2. I've tried searching on this board for the answer to this stupid question.  I'm just not getting it.

I downloaded some samples of books and then bought the book(s). How do I get rid of the samples?  They are clogging up my home screen.  I'm afraid that if I hook it up to the computer and start deleteing I will delete the wrong thing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Put the cursor on the title of the sample and push the 5 way to the right. That will give you the option for delete. Click the 5 way and confirm that you want to delete the sample. You should be all set.

Welcome to Kindleboards. Glad to have you here.

L

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you push the five-way to the right you get seven options, including delete which is the last on the list.  If you push the five-way to the left, you get just one option -- delete.  When I want to delete I push to the left.  That way I don't have to click down to the bottom of the list.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
LivreLover said:
If you push the five-way to the right you get seven options, including delete which is the last on the list. If you push the five-way to the left, you get just one option -- delete. When I want to delete I push to the left. That way I don't have to click down to the bottom of the list.
Thank you for clarifying that. I actually meant to say left and typed right. Ah well. I have had that problem (mixing up left and right) my entire life. My father does too. Must be genetic. LOL.

By the way, welcome LivreLover. I see you are new. Glad to have you here and thanks for jumping in and helping out.

L

·
Registered
385 Posts
Leslie said:
Thank you for clarifying that. I actually meant to say left and typed right. Ah well. I have had that problem (mixing up left and right) my entire life. My father does too. Must be genetic. LOL.
L
Are you and your father left handed? I am. It's not uncommon for lefties to mix up rt & left. I drive my mother nuts when I do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts