Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm from Charleston, SC and decided to finally bite the bullet and order a Kindle 2.

I previously had an old Rocket book which has given me years of joy but needs to be put down due to a lack of up to date available content.

I went all out and ordered the Kindle 2, an Oberon book cover (Tree of Life-green) and a skin from DecalGirl (work bonuses come in handy sometimes).

I should get most of the stuff by the end of next week and am looking forward to getting hooked up and browsing this site for info, book reviews, etc.

I am an avid reader and love everything but mostly Sci Fi/Fantasy (Love George R.R. Martin and Terry Goodkind's early books).

After reading the forums, it becomes apparent that I must come up with a clever name for my Kindle.... I'm thinking a good Greek mythology name might be in order...l must ponder this further....

Anyways, here I am and here I will stay to lurk the forums and see what insight you people can bestow upon me...or something like that...see ya

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Welcome Jean. . .and feel free to do more than lurk. . . .KB is the great place it is because all kinds of people participate in all parts of the Board.  (Though it sounds like you have 'accessories' taken care of!)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Jean!  Nice to have you here  :D  When intinst welcomes you he will give you some good advise about where to check for bargain books, etc., he gives good advise.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Enjoy your K2 and enjoy KB

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Welcome to the best board that I've seen. I've only had my K2 for 3 weeks, and I absolutely love it. My daughters and husband gave it to me for Mother's Day, and it's the best gift I've ever gotten. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine! You've got the accessories taken care of, too, so you're all set for a fantastice experience.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind responses. I get the Kindle on Wednesday so I am excited to say the least. Suddenly Monday seems alright as it gets me closer to Wednesday  :)
I feel like a 5 year old a few days before Christmas.....the wait seems so long...

Quick question: I don't have the Kindle yet but see many books I want to save for it. Is there a way to add them to a wish list or something? I didn't see that option on the Kindle books, just the regular ones.

Also, I decided to name my Kindle as that seems to be the thing to do. I am naming her Persephone in honor of Stephen King and his book, Duma Key. I grew up in the Sarasota area and I am very familiar with many of the places he names in the book (though Duma Key is fictional, the area around it in the book is real) so I thought it was fitting (and I just liked the name).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am excited as today is the day though it won't arrive here until around 6 if UPS delivers as usual.

I love Martin and I am also waiting patiently for him to finish his next book. I just started re reading the series and it still amazes how well the stories are written and how quickly I can get sucked into his world. His characters are some of the most well developed characters I have ever come across. I have never loved and hated characters so intensely as I do his.

We can keep our fingers crossed that the next book will be out soon.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Jean. 
Kindle watch today!!!  Woo hoo!! 
You can order books for your K before it arrives and when you get it and turn it on they will be in your archive.  You can then download the ones you want to read, or download as you go. 
Let us know what you think once your package arrives. 
deb

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Welcome. I hope you get your Kindle as scheduled today, and that you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying the one that my daughters and husband bought me for Mother's Day this year.  Hang around the boards, and you'll meet many interesting, like-minded people, and the Kindle world will unfold before your eyes!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome!

I'm also a big SF/Fantasy fan.  One of these days I've got to give George R.R. Martin a try, he's on the list!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Welcome to the boards :) Glad you are here :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RangerXenos said:
Welcome!

I'm also a big SF/Fantasy fan. One of these days I've got to give George R.R. Martin a try, he's on the list!
I say go for. I love his stuff so much that its my first purchase for the K2 and I am currently re-reading the entire series.I think his character development is some of the best I have ever read. I have never loved or hated characters as much as I do his.

I say download and read the first chapter in one and see if you like it but I suspect that you might be sucked in quickly and want more.His books tend to drag me in quickly and not let go.
His series is in the top 5 for me for sure.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy KB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts