Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOOT!  Kindle 2 (refurb) $89.99 plus $5 shipping.

The competition is active.  The NOOK 3G $85 +$4.99 shipping on today's Daily Steals.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm thinking this WOULD have seemed liked a good deal until the KSO was released.

$95 refurb 2nd gen vs $114 new 3rd gen

I really really like the 3rd gen screen that $19 is a no brainer to me, just like for some the $25 on the KSO to non-KSO is a no brainer!  :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
One advantage tho is if you want or need 3G-  I love my KSO, and rarely used the 3G on my K2, but I've had several times already where 3g would have been nice~

·
Registered
833 Posts
I broke my screen a while back and was offered a new K2 from Amazon for $89, but didn't do it then because it was so close to the cost of a new K3.  Still haven't bought a K3 because I am waiting one whatever Amazon is coming out with next. 

·
Registered
685 Posts
Flechette said:
One advantage tho is if you want or need 3G- I love my KSO, and rarely used the 3G on my K2, but I've had several times already where 3g would have been nice~
Ahhh, see I don't think that way because i have my unlimited plan iPad to fill that need, and kid(s) here are the ones getting the K's, and they won't have wifi enabled!! Mean mommy!!! LOL!

I just can't get past the screen. The first time i saw the K was in best buy, so I saw it next to the nook. The differences in the screen was profound... But i should clarify I worked at kinko's and Not only can i tell paper apart by it's weight, the subtle color differences are easy to spot also. I'm a freak (I also could immediately pick the counterfeit $20 at the bank with my eyes closed - no raised ink feel, the bank staff was impressed).

Heck, the DTB I had to buy for DD last month I bought the one that was twice as expensive because of the blasted paper in the book. It was a nicer, whiter shade of paper.

I should throw out, reading on the iPad for hours doesn't bother my eyes either....

·
Super Moderator
67,441 Posts
10:08. . . . .there are still a few left. . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts