Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that when you order a Kindle 2 it is immediately registered to your account and appears on the Manage Your Kindle page even though the Kindle 2 hasn't been released or shipped yet?  When you cancel an order, it remains there and you have to de-register it.  Seems pretty strange.

·
Registered
335 Posts
That happened to me too...

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Me too, but it allowed me to transfer all the books I had purchased or sampled to the other Kindle before I de-registered it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mine is there, too.  I already have seven sample books ready and waiting for me to read once my K2 arrives on February 26th!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I actually canceled twice (it's complicated) so I have 3 in there. Just not sure which one is the one I am getting? I will just wait till it gets here and figure it out!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I saw that the two had the same names. so I changed. Also WN map show alaska has some coverage. So I tuned that on. My K1 says i need to register it??? I called CS and for the first time got an unsat. answer  - turn off WN. untill i am finished all books read. I can redown load all books.... 
question
could I move free books and amazon books to computer and then turn on WN and see what happens? and then move items back?
I really suspect that WN is too low but it would be fun
Sylvia

·
Registered
366 Posts
should be able to do that.  The reason your Kindle says unregistered is because you are in an area that was previously not covered by WN.  My K1 says the same thing due to the fact that I live in Germany.  However everything you download from the website is basically attached to the serial number for the K.  So no matter what the software looks for the implanted SN.  So don't worry about the unregistered comment on the K itself.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
DD said:
Has anyone else noticed that when you order a Kindle 2 it is immediately registered to your account and appears on the Manage Your Kindle page even though the Kindle 2 hasn't been released or shipped yet?
But is the serial number entered yet? It's not really registered until the serial number is in there, is it? That happened when I ordered by K1, but when they shipped it a second K1 was registered and the serial number was then assigned then.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
It is on your account and you can download books to it, even though it doesn't have a serial number. Here's my account:

Guinea Pig is the Kindle I am waiting for.

L

·
Registered
97 Posts
I keep checking under Manage Your Kindle but mine is not showing up.  I wonder if its because I had a K1 on order that was switched to a K2.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Abby said:
I keep checking under Manage Your Kindle but mine is not showing up. I wonder if its because I had a K1 on order that was switched to a K2.
Technically, that's what I had. I ordered my Kindle on Feb 5th so it was before the announcement. It showed up instantly (as Leslie's 5th Kindle) after I placed my order and it was confirmed. I changed the name right after that.

L

·
Registered
97 Posts
Leslie said:
Technically, that's what I had. I ordered my Kindle on Feb 5th so it was before the announcement. It showed up instantly (as Leslie's 5th Kindle) after I placed my order and it was confirmed. I changed the name right after that.

L
Well, there goes that theory! I ordered mine on Feb 6th.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts