Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search, but the words were fairly common.  I went through a few pages of results, but couldn't find anything related so I am sorry if this is a repost.

I was reading my K2 today.  I reached the end of the chapter I was reading and decided to do something else.  I put it to "sleep" and my screen saver came on.  (I was still IN the book, btw.)  I then put it down.  A few minutes later, I noticed it flashing the screen (as though it was changing the page) and it was at the home screen, with the screen saver off.   ???

I went back into the book to make sure it was at the same place in the book, and it was.  I put it to sleep again and set it down again.  Then, about 10 mins later, it did the same thing.  ???

I turned off Whispernet, and it's been doing nothing (just showing the screen saver) since.  I am on 2.0.1 and I did install the custom screen saver software.  It's been working fine for over a week with the custom screen saver software installed.

I have no pending downloads.

Has anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I doubt a factory reset is necessary. Try a normal reset.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like Amazon was trying to update me to 2.0.2, but it was failing because of the custom screen savers mod.

I had to uninstall the screen saver mod.
Then after about 20 mins or so, the kindle automatically installed 2.0.2 (I tried, but I could not update it manually selecting "update my kindle" from the settings menu.)
I have reinstalled the screen saver mod.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
A haunted Kindle would be a first. :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
intinst said:
A haunted Kindle would be a first. :)
Remember, Stephen King wrote UR specifically for the K2.

Stephen King books seem to make me find almost everything haunted after I read them. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts