Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a K2 owner. I've noticed some titles are so long that I cannot read them in their entirety despite using the smallest font setting. I'm not a K1 owner, but I thought I'd noticed once that the K1 titles auto-scroll in the "Home page." Can the K2 do this?

Am I overlooking something simple?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

Anyone have anything for me?  Is it that no one experiences this or is the question just that moronic?

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
Sorry, mke, I don't know anything that would help.  I do know that the font size change function doesn't work on the home page.  On the K1 you get more info when a title is 'highlighted', as it were, which is what I think you mean when you say 'auto scroll'; I don't have a K2 so I can't speak to whether it works similarly when you navigate to a title with the 5-way controller.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hmm, I hadn't noticed it before, but you're right.  Long titles don't display unless you hit right on the 5-way to bring up the picture/full description, etc.  The KK used to display the full title when you "hovered" on the title with the scroll wheel, but if there's a way to do that with the K2 I don't know it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
mkekindle2 said:
I'm a K2 owner. I've noticed some titles are so long that I cannot read them in their entirety despite using the smallest font setting. ...
There are at least two ways that I'm aware of for the K2.

The easiest (but awkward when scanning several long titles) is to move the cursor on the menu page to underline the long title, then press the joystick button to the right to see the whole title etc.

A more time consuming method (but more convenient in the long run) is to use a program like "Calibre" to change the title to a shorter version that can be read directly on the menu page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts