Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Good catch, Benjamin!  Thanks for the update.  I notice there are already 2 customer reviews...is this typical for them to appear so early or could it be people who are reviewing without receiving it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are reviewing without recieving, or they were one of the lucky few that got to use it early for amazon so they could make those videos you see on the kindle 2 page.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
One of the reviewers is a troll from the amazon board. He doesn't have a Kindle nor does he want one. I think he's been trolling since K1. Unfortunately the way amazon reviews are set up, any idoit can leave whatever they want.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Atunah said:
One of the reviewers is a troll from the amazon board. He doesn't have a Kindle nor does he want one. I think he's been trolling since K1. Unfortunately the way amazon reviews are set up, any idoit can leave whatever they want.
I'm going to make a stab in the dark and say that's Gary Anderson lol. I can't help but be curious about this guy and what he is like in real life.

Melissa

·
Registered
377 Posts
meljackson said:
I'm going to make a stab in the dark and say that's Gary Anderson lol. I can't help but be curious about this guy and what he is like in real life.

Melissa
Correct - I have him on 'ignore' - Gary is out of control.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone at the amazon.com forums called customer service. CS stated that all kindles will be shipped today, and that they just havent caught up with updating peoples accounts, but that they would finish updating the accounts by the end of the day.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Several people have seen it already, before release. Amazon let select people use it for a few hours, in order to make the video you see on the amazon kindle page "what people think".

Theres also the people that got to use it at the kindle2 announcement press conference.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Benjamin said:
Someone at the amazon.com forums called customer service. CS stated that all kindles will be shipped today, and that they just havent caught up with updating peoples accounts, but that they would finish updating the accounts by the end of the day.
Wow--thanks Benjamin. I can't wait to see my status change over....still "shipping soon." Since mine is estimated to arrive with one-day shipping by 2-25, I hope I receive it tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
meljackson said:

Melissa
Sad that I knew who it had to be, too.

I think anybody who reviews before they've used the thing deserve to have it marked unhelpful -- even if the review was good.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Most of the reviews so far are laughable. I am getting really tired of the "no backlight" complaint...

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I noticed 11 reviews already listed for the K2!!
It is actually pretty entertaining in an obnoxious kind of way to read them. Don't forget to read, or add to the
comments. Where many have noted the stupidity in reviewing something you neither own or have even seen.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I beg to differ. I posted the first review of the Kindle 2 and it is based only upon factual information, not conjecture, speculation, animus or idolatry.  :-*

·
Registered
493 Posts
I read the review (assuming you are J paxton)  EXample:

How can you compliment amazon on the change of button size ("good job amazon") if you personally don't know if it is a good job.

Now I personally think I will enjoy the K2, but I can't say that anything on or in it is better or worse than the KK.  I haven't tried it yet.

So, I ask again, How do you review a product you've never seen, let alone tried?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts