Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this shot from Engadget is my favorite shot of the Kindle 2 as far as showing the size of it.

Before I held my (first-gen) Kindle, I assumed it was much bigger than it was. I think the same is true for Kindle 2. They're smaller in real life than they appear to be in the press photos.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,250 Posts
There is a really good pics on the engadget site where they layed one on top of the other and you can really see its only longer. It does look larger. But the width seems to the the same and just a little longer. Enough yes to not fit the covers anymore.

let me see if I can manage to bring them from there



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Great shots, Harvey, thank you for posting them. I too thought the 2 was larger than that and therefore would not be as comfortable to hold as the K1.

I still like the 1's wedge shape, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Atunah said:
There is a really good pics on the engadget site where they layed one on top of the other and you can really see its only longer. It does look larger. But the width seems to the the same and just a little longer. Enough yes to not fit the covers anymore.

let me see if I can manage to bring them from there
Thanks, Atunah!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
I like that K2 is longer. I'm constantly moving mine higher to see the whole screen but it's probably the way I sit. The biggest worry I have is I would not be able to hold the k2 without a cover like I can K1. I have carpel tunnel and can barely hang onto a pencil. Though, I guess most the time I could use it on a pillow on my lap. It's so nice to be able to lay the Kindle down and continue to read when needed!  :eek: ;D

I do wish they would show the same page on both kindles so I could see the difference in e-ink. For curiosity sake!

theresam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,250 Posts
Ok, I know I just saw somewhere in a thread a pic that shows the front of the same book with a pic where you can clearly see the difference. I see if I can remember what thread that was

dangerosa posted these

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
I love the design, completely. At first I though K1 eas AWFUL looking but once I saw it in person I warmed up to its INNER beauty, with the K2 it was luv at first sight.

BTW, and completely off topic, LMAO with ElDogStar "I concur" totally Leo DiCaprio in Catch me if you can, "Do you concur?" LOL
and the FONT, you made your statement,  :eek: ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
Thanks Atunah, wow that is much crisper..*sighs*, *drools*, gulp.... well back to K1 and reading In her name. Maybe I'll forget what I saw!!

theresam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,250 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Thanks Atunah, wow that is much crisper..*sighs*, *drools*, gulp.... well back to K1 and reading In her name. Maybe I'll forget what I saw!!

theresam
I am with you. I need to go hug my K1. I am so tempted, but I only had mine since December. Darn its so purty though :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Everyone I talk to thinks it's larger than it really is. I had it out the other day and someone asked "what is that?". I said "It's an Amazon Kindle".

"Oh! it's so much smaller than i thought!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
KindleKid said:
Everyone I talk to thinks it's larger than it really is. I had it out the other day and someone asked "what is that?". I said "It's an Amazon Kindle".

"Oh! it's so much smaller than i thought!"
It's not the size that counts, but the what it's capable of. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
I think K1 and K2 look very nice, I totally would have been happy getting a K1.

In the LA Times business section today (front page) they were touting the K2 for its increased storage capabilities, and much longer batterie life.

To someone not in the know, that sounds like a huge improvement. 
When in reality, both those issues could be addressed in the K1, with a memory card and an extra battery- that you could put in your self!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
I hope K2 fits in my purse.  It would just be a terrible thing if that extra half inch forces me to buy a new purse  ;)

Thanks for all the pictures, they are great.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top