Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in rural Tennessee with no Whispernet service. I received my new Kindle 2 today and it was not showing that it was registered. The screen just says 'My Kindle' and it asks me to register it when I go into the settings page. But, Amazon.com shows that it IS registered. Is there something I'm supposed to do to get my Kindle to recognize that it is registered? Should I travel to a Whispernet covered area and see what happens or is there a way to register it without using the wireless service? Thanks for any info on this subject.

·
Registered
16 Posts
no worries..I am also outside of the Kindle whispernet area (Montana/WY border). We are the big no man's space. Give customer service a call to have them walk you through the registration process.  When I flew out of the area--presto the service "Knew" me and I got my name on my kindle finally.  Just be certain that you are OK with customer service and it is smart enough to handle it once you get into the service area..I was soo excited I bought a book because I could. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thanks for the helpful advice, Dayfrost and welcome to both of you. Glad to have you here!

L

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info. I was hoping that my Kindle would be 'found' and registered if I entered a covered area. I am curious enough that I may drive the 60 miles tomorrow to see if it does work. The suspense is killing me. I've ordered two books as well and I know that I can download them to my computer, but once again, I'm curious to see how everything works using the wireless. I see a road trip in my future. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
kholancin said:
Thank you for the info. I was hoping that my Kindle would be 'found' and registered if I entered a covered area. I am curious enough that I may drive the 60 miles tomorrow to see if it does work. The suspense is killing me. I've ordered two books as well and I know that I can download them to my computer, but once again, I'm curious to see how everything works using the wireless. I see a road trip in my future. Thanks again.
I guess that would be called an exKursion! :D

Congratulations on your new Kindle and welcome to the Kindleboards!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I am not able to get to WN. Computer is easy. I did have fun when I flew out into WN land. Be sure to get all the samples you want while WN is reachable as those are not as easy. You can get samples but WN makes it real easy.
Sylvia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went on my road trip today and, lo and behold, my Kindle registered itself just like you said it would, Dayfrost! Wonderful. Got my two books downloaded as well. Now, I have to find the time this weekend to start reading. The whole family is visiting for Mother's Day, so time may be scarce....but I'm sure I'll prevail. Thanks again for your input.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
kholancin said:
I went on my road trip today and, lo and behold, my Kindle registered itself just like you said it would, Da The whole family is visiting for Mother's Day, so time may be scarce....but I'm sure I'll prevail. Thanks again for your input.
A perfect opportunity to show off your new toy!

Ann

1 - 8 of 8 Posts