Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kindle 3 wifi and 3G and I have installed about 100 ebooks, nearly all mobi but a small number of pdf and I am trying to arrange then in collections.

It's all very straight forward but as I am very much more confident using a laptop I am wondering whether I can put the books into collections using the PC.

Can I put a book into more than one collection?

Thanks.

·
5,973 Posts
You can put your books into more than one collection.

You can't use your PC to do the work (sadly!) unless you use third party software like Calibre with the Collections plug-in - and the results seem to be varied, especially if you're putting books into more than one collection.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I found the K3 very user-friendly in learning to set up collections (from Home, press Menu & then select 'add a new collection') & move the books.  Once you have a collection named, you either open it & select all books you want in it, or go to a book title & hit the right 5-way key & select whichever collection(s) you want the book in.

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
A recent update to the Kindle for PC allows for collections. You can definitely import collections from a Kindle device -- I would guess that you could load your books to your Kindle for PC, collect them, and then import collections TO the Kindle device. And then, books already on the Kindle should go into the collections to which they've been assigned on your computer Kindle App.

I'm not sure about this. . .I've only just downloaded the newest version of the App and haven't had the chance to play much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts