1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
what did it say what did it say --

·
Registered
130 Posts
They've been talking about (and the experts predicting) one around that size for students and technical applications.  The rumor is out by the end of this year, perhaps even in time for fall terms for students.

I don't even want one that large, as I don't need true full page display and the compact size is perfect for recreational book reading.  But there's definitely a market for that type of Kindle as well.  I'd expect to see one sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I like the current size of the K2 for my purposes/needs.  I wouldn't want to tote something much larger w/me so I'll stick w/my K1 and K2 for now.  I do think the idea of a student version is great and can only imagine what will be available when my 2nd grader heads off to college.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thumper said:
Because I am a toy wh0re, I better start saving my pocket change now...
^ This. lol

Seriously I could see the use of something like that for reading newspapers and for business documents.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That article is more than a month old.  Frankly the current K2 is great in a form factor for what I use it for.

I'd consider a larger one for work, but I doubt work would buy it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Forster said:
^ This. lol

Seriously I could see the use of something like that for reading newspapers and for business documents.
Absolutely. I don't like reading newspapers or magazines on the Kindle. Its too small.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hmmmm.....I like the way Kindle 3 looks...if that is it.  Maybe for Christmas next year.  Do I really need another one though?  Nope.  How to justify this.  Lol!!! :D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Looks like a k1 enlarged and photo shopped.......and not done well IMO. I hope the K3 looks better than this......and with the newer k2 version of buttons as opposed to k1.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I would not like the size at all. I love the current size. If this is true, then I would think that you would still be able to buy the K2. It seems like it is just be a student version in addition to the K2.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The one with the large buttons looks too kiddish to me. Where is the keyboard on the other one??? They don't look "real". I am happy with my Kindle2. I can't believe Amazon could be ready to sell another version that quick.
Kdawna

·
Registered
685 Posts
I doubt that either design is exactly what it will look like, but a version with an 8 1/2 by 11 screen was announced as probably being available sometime in the second half of this year during the speech and demonstration announcing the K2.

One with that size screen would certainly make it easier for pdf files and student textbooks, but I doubt very much that it will have a touch screen.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If this turns out to be a real product AND a large quantity of textbooks become available in Kindle format by release, I will pre-order one without question.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts