Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my original kindle 3 died that i have had since 2010. But my wife has a kindle 4 i bought her that she never uses. I realised i needed to deregister it and re-register for my account. Problem is the wifi doesnt appear to be working. It connects but cant see the internet. This is weird because there is an 'experimental' browser in the kindle that connects fine 9i can google search things). However when i hit register or 'shop in kindle store' is says it cant connect. I have tried resetting the kindle (factory and normal), i have reset the router, i have connected wifi to my mobile 4G hotspot. Nothing works.

I have googled and saw some articles on registering the kindle via the computer by inputting the serial number - however i cant find this option anymore?

The kindle is running 4.0.1 so i downloaded the latest update but the 'update' button is still greyed out? Seems like i have a brick on my hands - frustrating because i had just bought a good book and was half way through it.

unsure if it would matter but i bought the kindle in hong kong but i now live in australia?

any help would be good.

thanks

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Did you try restarting it? That would be my first suggestion. If it still isn’t working correctly, you might try a factory reset.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts