Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have followed this forum for several weeks hoping I might receive a Fire HD 8.9 from Santa. Well, I did! It is everything I had thought and hoped it to be. I am interested in content and was not looking to make my Fire a laptop replacement. I can hardly wait for summer so I can get out on my balcony with this thing. In the meantime, as it snows, I will be playing with this tablet and customizing it to my needs. Keep up the great work with this forum as I'm sure I'll have questions in the future.   

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome, Balconyrat. Sounds like Santa checked out your Web history hehe

I received my 7 inch a few weeks ago and am still enamored. Is this your first tablet?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. First tablet. Been a desktop, laptop fella for a long time. Now that I'm retired, I been using my Kindle reader for a couple of years and was wanting to try the Fire HD. Low and behold Santa come through. Ho Ho Ho!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Everyone,

Hello All!!! Guess what?! I bought new Kindle Fire HD 8.9 last Saturday for my late Christmas!!! Whoo woo!!! I haven't open it yet. I will open it later today and will learn and play around with my new toy.  :D

Have a great day you'all!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Thanks Betsy for the feedback! Yes, the screen is wonderful on the Fire. I can just imagine that the 8.9 size is even better. :)
For the new, happy owners, there are lots of free apps. I also get a kick out of immersion reading - buy audiobook & ebook. Open up the book, press the arrow, & watch the words highlighted while the narrator reads. You have to have the black lettering on the white background to see it. Music sounds wonderful as well.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
rashad.freeman001 said:
That thing is the size of a freaking iPad.
Which is what interested me; I'm looking for a viable alternative to my iPad.

Sent from Killashandra,
my Kindle Fire 4G

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Well its a bit smaller than the ipad, and lighter.  ;D. The width is smaller that is. Hubby likes the size of my fire better than his ipad 4 or whatever the number is now.
And for me, I am now having a ball playing all the fun games that were just a bit frustrating for me on the original 7 inch fire.
I am amazed at all the things I can see now in the hidden object games. Even games I already played. Oh look, there is a cat, I never saw that one before.  :D

I am baffled how people can play these on a phone.  :eek:

Now if someone could just invent a battery that charges itself, like whenever.  :D

I keep having the plug it in all all the time because I use it so much.  :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts