Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't even been a member for an hour and already I'm going to start with the stupid questions! 

I've been using the Kindle app on my iPhone, but just bought an actual Kindle, which will arrive on Monday. In the meantime, I want to buy a book. So when I went to purchase it, the little selection box said "download to Maryann's 3rd Kindle". The other options were "Maryann's Kindle" and "Maryann's iPhone".

So the Kindle I purchased will be my "3rd" Kindle? Is that the only account that will sync with my device? Or can I use the one that just reads "Maryann's Kindle"? Can I delete/rename the accounts?

I apologize if this has been asked before - but I'm just so afraid that I'm going to mess something up and be stuck!                     

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Tamborine--

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your Kindle purchase!

I'm confused?  How many Kindles have you bought?  1 iPhone registered as a Kindle and 2 more?  Did you buy one as a gift?  You might check and see if you clicked One-click too many times, one of our members did that...

You can deregister Kindles, but you need to double-check before you do to see which one you want to deregister.  You can buy books and not have them download anywhere until you are sure.  Then, you can download it to any or all of the Kindles registered to your account.

Betsy

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
tamborine, welcome.  Please know that no question is a stupid question.  We all love to answer questions.  We all also remember that we had the same questions not that long ago. 
I won't repeat what Betsy said.  She gave you good advice.
Hope to read more of your future posts.
deb

·
Registered
159 Posts
Had you previously ordered a Kindle and cancelled? I ordered one last year and then changed my mind (a weakness of a month long waitlist). When I ordered this year, Amazon listed two Kindles to send books to.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome...we don't bite...ask away...don't be shy.  I can't answer your question, as I only have one beloved Kindle...but welcome.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
As Deb said, no question is a stupid question.  Well almost.  ::)  We'll let you know if you do ask one.  ;D

and you can rename accounts, but again, you need to be sure which one belongs to the Kindle you're getting.  Of course, you can always re-register one.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am a wimp.  I would wait until I have the Kindle in my hot little hands, then with the serial number before me  I would call Customer Service.  They don't bite either.

Welcome!

·
Registered
159 Posts
If that is the issue, you can deregister the oldest Kindle to clean up the list. I may be the only one who is fussy enough to care, but it weirded me out. It's under "Your Account > Manage Your Kindle"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts