Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here ever visit Kindle.Amazon.com?  Amazon's offering extra features, like the ability to see select people's highlights when you're reading the same book -- and even the ability to read notes which they've set as public.

Plus, Kindle.Amazon.com can also pull up some highlighted passages from books that you've already read.  (It's fun to see them all up there on the web.)

I actually turned off the "popular highlights" on my Kindle, because I didn't really want to see what everyone had highlighted. But it might be a fun feature if I knew the highlights were coming from specific people. (Like my friends or a study group, or some online bloggers whose opinion I respect...)

Anyways, I'm really curious. Does anybody here ever visit Kindle.Amazon.com -- and if so, what do you like (and dislike) about it?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It's great for accessing all my highlights and notes but the social aspect is still very rudimentary - kind of a very scaled down version of Goodreads or Shelfari.

But you can link it with Goodreads so your public highlights get automatically added as quotes at Goodreads and it will automatically update the statuses of your public books - so if you change a book to "reading" at kindle.amazon.com, it will change on your Goodreads shelves too.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
kindlegrl81 said:
I wonder how it decides when you have read a book ??? According to them I have only read 10 books (I read more than that in a month) and a couple of the books it says I've read I don't remember buying, let alone reading.
https://kindle.amazon.com/faq#YourBooks0

Your Books
Q: Where do the books in Your Books come from?
We use your book activities on Amazon to get you started quickly in using this website. We do not include your newspapers, magazines or blogs. Your Books includes books from your purchase history, books that you rated, books you told us "I own it", and books from your Wish List or Customer Reviews.
To add books to Your Books, search for them (e.g., by title or author) and set their reading status on the search results page.

Q: Where do the book reading statuses in Your Books come from?
We initially set the reading status of these books as follows. We give books from your Wish List a status of Hope to read, we give books that you rated or reviewed a status of Read, and we give books you've annotated a status of either Reading or Read. You can modify the reading status of any of your books.
Your reading status and rating for a book that is public can be seen by others through your Profile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts