Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How robust do you think the anchor system is when the Kindle is in the cover?  My concern is that with the pressure from support on only one side that there may be flexing that in time will weaken the metal tabs in the cover (or worse yet break the attachment points inside the Kindle).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sherlock said:
How robust do you think the anchor system is when the Kindle is in the cover? My concern is that with the pressure from support on only one side that there may be flexing that in time will weaken the metal tabs in the cover (or worse yet break the attachment points inside the Kindle).
I wonder about that too, but I'm afraid only time will tell. I'm sure I will need to be careful when moving the Kindle in and out of the cover for the reasons you mentioned. I'm not at all sure what bending the cover back may do to the mechanism - although the product description says that you can bend the cover back.

I may exchange my K1 M-edge cover for their K2 portfolio cover that still uses the corner loops. Among it's appealing features is the fact that I don't have to worry about the 'hook thing' :D I'm kind of hoping that when Oberon comes up with K2 covers they will still offer the corner system.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I shelled out the $29.99 for the Amazon cover, mostly because I was curious to see how it works. I'd really rather have an Oberon or maybe one of the super-pricey Cole-Haan ones.

L

·
Registered
182 Posts
Leslie said:
I shelled out the $29.99 for the Amazon cover, mostly because I was curious to see how it works. I'd really rather have an Oberon or maybe one of the super-pricey Cole-Haan ones.

L
I split the difference and am exchanging my M-Edge K1 for a K2 version.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like the anchor idea, looks like the M-edge covers have them too. I just really wish they would make some covers without all that extra space for a light, which I never use.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Dangerosa said:
I like the anchor idea, looks like the M-edge covers have them too. I just really wish they would make some covers without all that extra space for a light, which I never use.

I think one bit of velcro might be good insurance.

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts