Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a promotion at work which comes with an Apple Iphone 3G 8Gb as my work cellphone. Has anybody downloaded Amazon's ebook application for this and used their Iphone to read their Kindle books (and vice-versa)?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
docjered said:
Just got a promotion at work which comes with an Apple Iphone 3G 8Gb as my work cellphone. Has anybody downloaded Amazon's ebook application for this and used their Iphone to read their Kindle books (and vice-versa)?
My husband has. He has a Kindle as well, but has read on his iPhone (did even before he got his Kindle). He finds it useful for times he doesn't has his Kindle with him. Seems to work well.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I use the Kindle iPhone app all the time.... This morning, I used it in the car when I got to the bank 5 minutes before it opened.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have the kindle app on my iphone. It came in quite handy while I was traveling to Chicago a few weeks ago. I could read it on the shuttle to/from the airport which was too dark for reading my Kindle.

L

·
Registered
400 Posts
I use the Kindle iphone app all the time. Also my 8 yr old uses it on his iPod - I put a bunch of appropriate books into the account (currently he is reading Beautiful Joe, Autobiography of a Dog - at least I think that's what it's called).

·
Registered
400 Posts
...and I meant to also say that I like to look at the book on the iPhone if there are any pics -- they are in color on the iPhone (assuming they were made available in color, of course...)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I would think the screen might be a bit small.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Kind said:
I would think the screen might be a bit small.
It is, but I don't use it for very long. Maybe a few minutes here and there. For actual sitting down to read, it's the Kindle :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love the Kindle iPhone app!  DH thinks I need to name them Sir Percy Blakney and the Scarlet Pimpernel since they are always saying "Synch me!"

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I  like a lot myself. Though I have not been able to get the synch to work properly. It is great when you really do not want or have your Kindle handy. I used it at line at the post office once. It really was a long line, with just one clerk! :( After 20 of 30 minutes, I grew tired of the screen though. (Still had another 20 minutes to wait!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts