Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me:  It's however long it takes me to finish the book.  My answer would be based on books per week and not hours per day.  I average 2-4 books per week.  Much of it depends on the # of appointments I have.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Less lately as I have been really busy,so around 2-3 hours a day.

Hoping to get back to 2 books a week or so. :)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Well on kindleboards I spend probably about 12-14hours .....oh wait did u mean books/kindle??

LOL About 3-5 hours a day, somedays a little more some a little less.

But I tend to average about 3 books a week.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sugar said:
Less lately as I have been really busy,so around 2-3 hours a day.

Hoping to get back to 2 books a week or so. :)
Ugh, I am right there with you Sugar! I have my Kindle by my side all the time, but work is the killer. We are required to put in at least an extra 10 hours of OT since...um, I think, January, it's been so long. I try to keep up during the weekends (that is if we aren't on mandatory weekend 8 hour work day). I miss my reading time!

Tris

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
A couple of hours a day at least.  I'm working on a couple of wedding gifts, so that's taking up my reading time.  Work should settle down after this week, and I should get a lot more reading time in.
deb

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Probably a couple of hours for me too. It's hard to tell, because there are so many odd times when I just pick up a book or my kindle for a few minutes here and there.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I used to read 2 - 3 hours a day, but being on KindleBoards has shortened that time. I usually read 2 to 3 books a week.

·
Registered
249 Posts
geoffthomas said:
About 3-4 hours per day.
Maybe more on weekends, maybe less.
That's pretty close to what I read. I've given up on most of my "favorite" TV shows. Down to NCIS, Numbers and Big Bang Theory. This summer I'll read even more.

JR

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Right now I'm only getting an hour or so a day of pleasure reading in, but when I'm not in the middle of working I can lose 6-7 hours a day reading for the first few days of YAY I CAN HAVE FUN, then I think I settle into 3 hours or so...at some point I realize there's someone else in the house I need to pay some attention to ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I usually spend about an hour a day pleasure reading, and it's usually just before bed. On weekends I read quite a bit more.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hmm, yep, daily average would vary a lot.  I read a minimum of 2 hours a day, and that's a day I'm really busy.  On a day I actually have time to enjoy myself, I can easily hit 8+ hours.  Of course, we don't own a television, which helps.  :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I usually only get in an hour a day.

I'm envious of everyone's 4-5 hour times.  I must not manage my time very well  :( .

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
kim said:

I'm envious of everyone's 4-5 hour times. I must not manage my time very well :( .
Well Kim, don't be too jealous.
I spend 1hour+ commuting on public transportation in the morning - read.
I spend 1 hour+ commuting on public transportation in the evening - read.
I read during my lunch hour.
And I read while giving my Dear Wife a back rub - at least 30 minutes.
Add in the odd 10 minute read here and there and you have 4 hours.
But 2 hours of that is time that I would choose to do something else if I could.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm still suffering from reading withdrawls.  I was reading on average 8 hours a day while on vacation.  Now I'm back to 2 or 3 and I have a new DTB book to read.

·
Registered
406 Posts
kim said:

I'm envious of everyone's 4-5 hour times. I must not manage my time very well :( .
Nah, probably just circumstance. For instance, not only am I retired but I have a neuro problem which requires me to lie down much of the time. Not that there aren't other things to do lying down (typing on KB, say) but reading is a big part of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I definately read more during the week than the weekends. Those I tend to be busy being outside and hanging with friends and stuff. During the week I ready 1 hour for lunch and usually 2-3 hours during work  ::) and in the evenings. Usually get in about 3 books a week, sometimes 4.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Anywhere from 2 - 6 hours a day, depending on how much time I spend on the boards  :-\

1 - 20 of 30 Posts