Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're in San Diego for a high school friend's wedding.  It was a small affair at the courthouse with dinner that night in a private dining room at a very nice restaurant with the family.  I think we were the only people there not related to either bride or groom.  (I was best man, my husband was made matron of honor at the last minute.  :D )

So we're at dinner and I'm talking with the bride, her mother, and new sister-in-law and I mentioned a pregnancy book I was currently reading on my Kindle.  There is a pause "you have a kindle", the bride answers that yep, I do, and I mention, "well it's in my purse if you want to see it" with a resounding "yes!" from three women.  Next thing I know it's being passed around the table with all sorts of questions.  This is what happens when you are sitting at a table with several school teachers, elderly aunts/uncles/parents, and at least one aspiring writer.  It was getting passed around and the bride said she was hoping to get a DX (going back to school) and I wouldn't be surprised if several others got purchased over time.  The uncles who had some paperbacks they were exchanging had me pulling up titles to see if they were available and how much they would cost and fiddling with the text size.    

My husband was at the other end of the table talking to two of the husbands about how that's the best present he's ever bought me and it never leaves my side, yadda, yadda, yadda.  He jokes that if anything happened to my K2, he'd have to order a replacement to arrive next day just to stop the crying.  

It was hilarious.  

Lara Amber  

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Great story.  Thanks for sharing, Lara.
deb

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Great story, Lara. And why are you reading a pregnancy book? Do you have some news for us?  ;)

L

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Okay I have to ask. Did I read this wrong. Why were you the best man and your husband matron of honor?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Anne said:
Okay I have to ask. Did I read this wrong. Why were you the best man and your husband matron of honor?
Maybe the bride got the idea from that silly Made of Honor movie. ;D

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Wasn't that the scenario in My Best Friend's Wedding as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's funny! I was at my husband's tennis tournament ,and not being a tennis fan, I was also reading my kindle. The other wives there, (who were watching the tennis) came over to see what I was doing. Oops! There went the tennis viewing! I think Amazon had a lot of orders that evening. I am a new kindle 2 owner, and am constantly amazed how people are attracted to it.
Carole

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope, you guys didn't read that wrong.  I've been close friends with the groom since high school, so when he announced he was getting married he asked me to be his best man.  The bride didn't have a maid of honor, so she snagged him at the last minute to hold the groom's ring and be the second witness.

Lara Amber 

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Harm and I spotted a K2 at a friend's "newlywed brunch". The owner was shocked that I knew what was sticking out of his pocket. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, I a guilty of using! I had to go out to dinner with my new fiance's cousins and their friends. I am the newbie, we are all middle age, three couples. I brought my kindle and after ordering I did a show and tell. They all had heard of the Kindle but had never been in the presence of one. Needless to say, I made a great impression. Kindle, the great ice breaker.
Dianne

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
LaraAmber said:
Nope, you guys didn't read that wrong. I've been close friends with the groom since high school, so when he announced he was getting married he asked me to be his best man. The bride didn't have a maid of honor, so she snagged him at the last minute to hold the groom's ring and be the second witness.

Lara Amber
Thanks Lara That is so nice that both you were asked to be in the wedding.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts