Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister made me a bag for my Kindle and Lightwedge for traveling. I wanted something padded to give it extra protection so that I would feel comfortable putting it in my briefcase. The Kindle fits in it with the M-edge cover on it and with the paperback Lightwedge in a cover. I've taken pictures, so I hope I get them posted correctly.

The inside has velcro pockets to put the SD card in and I can also use for my driver's license and credit cards if I want to put my purse down in my briefcase. I'm loving it.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sjc said:
I'm putting myself up for sister adoption. Where do I apply?...lol.
GREAT bag.
Thanks. I tried to get her to make some for sale. She gets bored with making the same thing over and over. She does the most amazing 3D paintings on glass. Everyone wanted to buy one, but she does it for her own pleasure. She is a member of the Red Hats and does a lot of projects for her group.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Kathy said:
Thanks. I tried to get her to make some for sale. She gets bored with making the same thing over and over. She does the most amazing 3D paintings on glass. Everyone wanted to buy one, but she does it for her own pleasure. She is a member of the Red Hats and does a lot of projects for her group.
I'm just seconding what everyone else is saying here - what great talent your sister has! To make a wonderful bag like that in 2 hours - wow.

I've never heard of the "Red Hats" group. Is that some kind of nonprofit organization?

Marci

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marci said:
I'm just seconding what everyone else is saying here - what great talent your sister has! To make a wonderful bag like that in 2 hours - wow.

I've never heard of the "Red Hats" group. Is that some kind of nonprofit organization?

Marci
The Red Hat Society is a National group of over 50s ladies that get together to have fun. The all wear Red Hats. They do allow under 50 to join, but they wear Pink Hats. I don't know a lot about them, but my sister is very involved. She is a widow and doesn't work, so this is a great social network for her. Here is a link for their website http://www.redhatsociety.com/aboutus/whatwedo.html

·
Registered
11,848 Posts

Someone gave me books by Haywood Smith a few years ago. I'm not close to Red Hat membership yet, but these are such fun books. I absolutely loved them, and loved her writing. They are not kindle available yet, but hopefully they will be soon.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Kathy said:
My sister made me a bag for my Kindle and Lightwedge for traveling. I wanted something padded to give it extra protection so that I would feel comfortable putting it in my briefcase. The Kindle fits in it with the M-edge cover on it and with the paperback Lightwedge in a cover. I've taken pictures, so I hope I get them posted correctly.
The inside has velcro pockets to put the SD card in and I can also use for my driver's license and credit cards if I want to put my purse down in my briefcase. I'm loving it.
Thanks for posting the photos. Last night I was thinking about them and thought I would try sewing a purse insert using ideas from the bag your sister made. Too bad I am lending my sewing machine to my daughter today. Who knows when I will get it back. ;)
Anna

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Wow that is amazing! If she changes her mind and decides to make them to sell I would definitely buy one. I have been looking for something exactly like this. You are so lucky to have such a sister!

Melissa

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Great Bag!!  Since your sister doesn't like to make multiples of her designs maybe she wouldn't mind posting instructions and/or a pattern for this bag.  I like to sew but have not had much success with making bags such as this one without a pattern.  I think by the sounds of the other posts here that several of us would feel very fortunate to be able to make our own bag.  :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
If your sister decides to sell these etsy.com would be a great place to feature them. Also let us know! I would absolutley pay for one of these!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Kathy said:
The Red Hat Society is a National group of over 50s ladies that get together to have fun. The all wear Red Hats. They do allow under 50 to join, but they wear Pink Hats. I don't know a lot about them, but my sister is very involved. She is a widow and doesn't work, so this is a great social network for her. Here is a link for their website http://www.redhatsociety.com/aboutus/whatwedo.html
I checked out the link and it sounds like a lot of fun. Okay, now I have something to look forward to ;D

drenee said:

Someone gave me books by Haywood Smith a few years ago. I'm not close to Red Hat membership yet, but these are such fun books. I absolutely loved them, and loved her writing. They are not kindle available yet, but hopefully they will be soon.
This just endorses my first impression. Thanks for posting this. I will see if my library has them.

Marci

1 - 20 of 31 Posts