Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kindle classic. The battery life is very good when I am at our normal residence near Detroit. It will last for days between charges (even though I typically keep it fully charged).  However, when I am at our vacation home (camper in Caseville Michigan) the Kindle battery drains very quickly. I am assuming this is do to a weak reception in the area. I end up shutting off Whispersync. Does anyone else experience this? Just wondering if it is typical. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
If the Kindle has to keep hunting for a signal, it will drain the battery rapidly.  The same thing happens with most phones.  Battery life is best if you only turn Whispersync on when you actually need it--once daily if you have newspapers to download or whenever you need it to download a book.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I consistently have good signal strength because I live in a major city but I usually keep my WN off anyways and only turn it on when I need it. It keeps the battery alot longer.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Jerry,

As for only turning on Whispernet only when needed to actually download a book or sync, I concur with the others. To keep Whispernet on continually is only a waste of battery life.

Sailor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts