Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love to eat and cook. I love to buy cookbooks too. So when I see the recipe, I keep it and think I'll try it in the future. There are many recipes posted in KB and I wanted to keep track of them. Since I like to experiment and I've been thinking about making my own recipe book for myself for my kindle, I decided to experiment with the KB members recipes posted. I'll be able to keep my KB recipes in my Kindle. I can keep the note in the recipe too.  ;)

So I made it last night and this morning. While I was making it, I thought maybe I'll share with everyone who might want KB recipes on the Kindle. I try it with my K1 and K2. It's working pretty good.

I made this recipe book for my reference so it's not fancy or perfect as cookbook in anyway. The recipes are in the book as it was posted with some comment from the poster. But if anyone is interested, PM me with the email address and I'll send the book to you.  :D  

I'm thinking since the recipe posted was meant to share, it might be okay to put in the book and share with everyone. But if you posted the recipe and don't want to be put in the book, please let me know ASAP and I'll take out from the book.

For now I put together the recipes from the It's deelish! thread and Rice Cooker thread. I'm sure I'll be adding more as I see new recipes in the post. I'm not reading every post/thread so if anyone can point me to the right direction where there's recipe, I'll add it to the KB recipe book.  :D

If you get the book, please let me know if I put the recipe in the right category. I'm not familiar with many of them so wasn't sure which category it should belong to. LOL.  And any suggestion or error in it. I really didn't check the whole thing.  ::)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
OMG, this is a wonderful idea.  I have been wondering how I was going to remember which thread I read a good receipe in.  Now they'll all be together. 
Bless you,
deb

·
Registered
323 Posts
What a great idea. You were so sweet to do that. I too was trying to figure out how to keep track of all those wonderful recipes. I would love a copy too. I'm off to pm you

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carol Hanrahan said:
Shizu,
Am I dense or what? What kind of file is it? Having a little trouble opening it.
Carol,

You put the file in the document folder on your Kindle. Or you can see the recipe using Mobipocket Reader on your pc. It's in prc format.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Anju. Let me know if you see any recipes to add.  ;) 

And any suggestion is welcome to make better recipe book. When you go through the book and find any error let me know, I'll fix it.  ;D  I know it is not a regular book so you only see what you want to see when you want to see. lol.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I added 4 more since I send the recipe book. I'll email the updated book to those who got it when I add a little more. If anyone want it now let me know.  :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Great idea. I've been taking my own recipes & putting them into text format and putting them on my KK. I name the text file "Recipe Whatever the recipe is" and that way , then I can sort by title and find all my recipes together. Then I put my KK into a ziplock and prop it up on the counter & cook away. That way I don't have to be constantly re-printing the recipe.

(The other thing I've done is put family recipes up into Google docs and share each recipe with my 3 college-age kids who keep emailing home saying "Mom! I need that xxx recipe to cook for my friends". Google docs has been a wonderful collaborative storage location as my kids are gradually leaving home. Makes the leaving process a bit more gentle.

But I am loving having recipes on my KK and saving paper in the process.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, we can save paper when we have recipe in our Kindle. I have my Kindle all the time in my bag so I could look up the ingredient when I need it.  :D  I'm thinking about making my recipe book too. I love to have pictures so I'll take pictures step by step when I make it and put in the book.  This way it'll be easier for my daughters to make it.  :D

If any of you who has the KB recipe book made the dish and took the picture, I'll appreciate if I can have that picture. I'll put in the KB recipe book. You can see there's some picture in the book and I think it turn out good.  :).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just send the updated recipe ebook to everyone who has it. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
great idea

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Got mine today.  Thank you very much for all of your hard work.
deb

1 - 20 of 157 Posts