Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thankfully not all first books in a series are as expensive as this one. Also the other four are reasonable in price. This book was first published in 2004.

I wanted to buy the series for my daughter in Missouri. She doesn't have a Kindle. However, I won't pay the price for this first paperback.

Here's the Kindle link

·
Registered
167 Posts
I will say that independently published books can be very expensive if the author doesn't do their research first. Depending on the page count, an average novel that would cost $8 in a bookstore might cost you $25 from an indie. I don't know if this author is an indie or not, but I can't imagine a traditional publisher would allow a book to be priced that high. They want $8 from 100,000 people, not $30 from 100 people.

You will probably find very low Kindle prices on these books in order to offset the lack of paperback sales. Even I did this....even though my paperback is only $10.99. Kindle is 99 cents to get people buying.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I see a lot of complaining on the net about the Kindle book prices along with shouts not to pay over $9.99 for ANY book.  Interesting that the 5 bestsellers in the Kindle list are $11.38, $8.24, $8.24, $9.99 and $9.99, respectively.

·
Registered
115 Posts
David J. Guyton said:
I will say that independently published books can be very expensive if the author doesn't do their research first. Depending on the page count, an average novel that would cost $8 in a bookstore might cost you $25 from an indie. I don't know if this author is an indie or not, but I can't imagine a traditional publisher would allow a book to be priced that high. They want $8 from 100,000 people, not $30 from 100 people.

You will probably find very low Kindle prices on these books in order to offset the lack of paperback sales. Even I did this....even though my paperback is only $10.99. Kindle is 99 cents to get people buying.
Hmm interesting point. Why not even it out more, like 4.99 for each (or 6.99 and 3.99), so you can sell both at a good deal?

·
Registered
167 Posts
standaman said:
Hmm interesting point. Why not even it out more, like 4.99 for each (or 6.99 and 3.99), so you can sell both at a good deal?
Well in my case, it costs a total of $10.07 for them to print each paperback and list it on Amazon. I can't go any lower than. $10.07 or they will not list it. I set the price at $10.99 thinking that was pretty fair (I make $.92 per book). A lot of people try to make $5 per book....and that makes this problem a lot worse.

For Kindle, an author makes 35%, regardless of the price. You can set your price from $.99 all the way up to $200

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
wow, the price difference on this particular one is quiet a bit. The obvious choice in this case is the Kindle version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts