Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Kindle book subsidy in the $830 billion stimulus bill being debated in Congress? Call your Congressman, we need a subsidy, or else I may go bankrupt. I am too big to fail (just like Citibank). They may have a trillion dollars in problems, but I'm 6 feet 6 inches tall. I am way to big to fail.  :)  Call your Congressman. WE DEMAND A KINDLE BOOK SUBSIDY IN THE BILL. It doesn't have to be that big. A lousy billion dollars will keep book prices very low for a long time. No one will miss it. I have 142 books in my Amazon wish list, and I think I am not alone in having a large wish list. WE ARE CITIZENS TO and we are entitled to our fair share. MARCH ON CONGRESS NOW!  :) :D :)

Steve

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
ProfCrash said:
less gas used in manufacturing and transport, and less stress on the roads for delivery.
Ah, but unfortunately that would also mean the need for fewer people to manufacture the books and fewer truck drivers to deliver them. If roads don't mess up, then there are also fewer people to work on those, meaning fewer jobs.

It's a Catch-22 I'd say. ;)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Stevene9:

"We are citizens TOO".  I get what you're saying, but put your way, we look like the bear protest from the Simpsons.

(And for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, which is probably most of you, there was a bear attack in Springfield.  Homer led a march on the mayor's office in protest.  But instead of having something sharp and snappy to say, the entire protest group was chanting "We're Here!  We're Queer!  We don't want any more Bears!"  Mayor Quimby looked at his assistant and said "Do you think they even know what they're saying?"  Funniest.  Protest.  Ever.)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BambiB said:
How can we ensure that you are not spending the my bailout money on your cooperate jet?!? :D
I pledge that if I get a Kindle book subsidy, my 8 year old Chevy Tahoe will not be traded in for a corporate jet. Heck, I couldn't even afford the gas for a corporate jet. Although if one of my dogs could pilot it and the other could be the stewardess, maybe ....

Steve

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
How about everyone who helps you get the subsidy can be on your account so we can share the benefits of the subsidy?

You know, you could argue that the money prevents you from driving your 8 year old Chevy Tahoe, hence decreasing the need for foreign oil. If you are denied, you could petition for some of the money to buy a hybrid so that you can drive to and from the bookstore while decreasing the need for foreign oil.

·
Registered
339 Posts
stevene9 said:
I pledge that if I get a Kindle book subsidy, my 8 year old Chevy Tahoe will not be traded in for a corporate jet. Heck, I couldn't even afford the gas for a corporate jet. Although if one of my dogs could pilot it and the other could be the stewardess, maybe ....

Steve
LOL! And remember to cap your salary at $500,000 a year!

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
mwvickers said:
I think I could suffer with a salary cap like that. I can take one for the team. LOL
No you can't. You would use the extra money to buy a bigger house, more bookshelves, and go back to DTB. You might by a crib with the extra cash if the crib could e converted into a bookshelf when the baby has moved into a regular bed. :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
ProfCrash said:
No you can't. You would use the extra money to buy a bigger house, more bookshelves, and go back to DTB. You might by a crib with the extra cash if the crib could e converted into a bookshelf when the baby has moved into a regular bed. :)
True, but I would still like that kind of a salary cap. LOL

I wouldn't get rid of my Kindle, though. I still like it. There are just many books I would like to have in hard copy, too. LOL

I like your crib idea.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I have that salary cap. There is no way in this life time or any others to follow that I will make more than 500,000 a year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts